SASS Wire Forum

Ascorbic Acid and the price of powder and American Pioneer Powder special SASS pricing

I had a conversation with Brett at American Pioneer Powder and he mentioned that the price of American Pioneer Powder had been climbing. Ascorbic acid is being produced in China (what isn't?!), and they've been "holding it for ransom." It costs $1.50 per pound more than it did on their last shipment. By that I mean it raises the production price of a pound of APP by $1.50. And there is no end in sight. American Pioneer Powder, Hodgdon Triple 7, and Alliant Black MZ all use ascorbic acid.
But APP is offering the chance to buy APP at November prices all year. Brett agreed to extend November prices through December 7th so I could get the word out: (I'll also suggest you specify Premium Grade 3F for everything SASS. It meters better through Dillon Powder funnels) (Prices include shipping and hazmat)
From AMERICAN PIONEER POWDER
The Special SASS Discounted Pricing for November has been extended through December 7, 2016. By ordering now, not only do you save on this order, but you will save on every future same sized order until October 25, 2017 as your pricing for same will be locked in at the price you pay now.
Special Discounted Pricing!!!
1 Case Order Pricing
By Nov. 24, 2016 (extended to Dec. 7) is $21.25 per bottle delivered
By Dec. 24, 2016 is $22.00 per bottle delivered
Dec. 25, 2016 to Oct. 25, 2017 is $22.50 per bottle delivered
2 Case Order Pricing
By Nov. 24, 2016 (extended to Dec. 7) is $19.25 per bottle delivered
By Dec. 24, 2016 is $20.00 per bottle delivered
Dec. 25, 2016 to Oct. 25, 2017 is $20.50 per bottle delivered
4 Case Order Pricing
By Nov. 24, 2016 (extended to Dec. 7) is $18.25 per bottle delivered
By Dec. 24, 2016 is $19.00 per bottle delivered
Dec. 25, 2016 to Oct. 25, 2017 is $19.50 per bottle delivered
MPORTANT - ADDITIONAL SAVINGS - Please Read!!!
Whatever is the lowest, most discounted price that you have purchased powder for during the period of September 2016 to October 2017, you will be able to use this pricing for as many subsequent same sized purchases as you make until October 25, 2017.
Any and all offers only valid for shipment to addresses within the continental United States and subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
Please call us at Toll Free 888-423-2310 (seven days a week) to order.
Thank you,
Brett.

And there is no end in sight. American Pioneer Powder, Hodgdon Triple 7, and Alliant Black MZ all use ascorbic acid.

Capt George - Triple 7 is potassium nitrate, charcoal and sodium di-nitrobenzoate sulfonate - zero ascorbic acid

Capt George - Triple 7 is potassium nitrate, charcoal and sodium di-nitrobenzoate sulfonate - zero ascorbic acid

Well 777 is already high enough around here, it doesn't need any excuse to be more expensive lol.

BD

I kind of like the price increase effecting substitute powders. When they were cheaper, through multiple means acquired many containers that are just taking up space. Should be a profit margin selling them and using the $$ for a case of original gunpowder :)

Archived