SASS Wire Forum

PANTS - LEGAL & ILLEGAL

PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

When I started SASS, the Rule seemed to be:

From a few feet away - if the guns, clothes, accessories, etc look like Cowboy - then they are Cowboy.

This seemed to work fine, as SASS is not a "period correct" game.

That would be the elusive (never codified) 5-foot rule.

;)

Nothing in the rules about button fly vs zipper fly. We sure as hell don't need any more rules on whats called "period correct" ala NCOWS!

Nothing in the rules about button fly vs zipper fly. We sure as hell don't need any more rules on whats called "period correct" ala NCOWS!

I wear the same clothing to a NCOWS match that I wear to a SASS match including zippered trousers, no one has ever said anything to me.

SASS ain't NCOWS. Both have their places and their differences. :D

NCOWS 2199

GAF 504 :P

• Like 1

People trying to enforce NCOWS rules and attitudes at SASS matches have place. Two separate organizations, and should stay that way. There is no rule in any of the SASS handbooks about pants having to have button flies. Anyone who thinks otherwise is welcome to post their findings. I have asked twice and have not gotten any response.

There is a lot of misinformation posted on the SASS wire about NCOWS, which is a much different, and in many ways more flexible, sport. The NCOWS "Tally Book" which has all their rules and regulations in one book instead of 3, can be downloaded here: http://ncows.org/library/pdf/2016NCOWSTallyBook.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

"Visualize the MD asking for fly inspection volunteers to go into the crowd and check everyone's crotch"

uh,,that would be a...............NO !! lol

for as long as this game has been around, we are still making rules. Ah well, makes for lively Wire convo .

Slim, you ain't got a Butt!,,, Butt I do! Giggle!

The zipper thing has been banged around as in beating a dead horse. Someone, I think Allie Mo, researched it and found that zippers were patented some where in the 1870ish time frame. So zippers were around, along with button fly, laced, and loin cloth frontal coverage enclosures.

Ike

The zipper thing has been banged around as in beating a dead horse. Someone, I think Allie Mo, researched it and found that zippers were patented some where in the 1870ish time frame. So zippers were around, along with button fly, laced, and loin cloth frontal coverage enclosures.

Ike

Hi Ike,

The old zippers would not be used on a fly. But the newer design was sure used in B Westerns.

Regards,

Allie

• Like 1