SASS Wire Forum

This is why I live near the ocean...

Don't mean to brag any, Loophole... but we get better ocean sunsets on the West coast... :rolleyes:^_^

My wife and I have spent a few weeks in Antigua. She wants to move there so badly she can't stand it. Must admit it's VERY tempting! Not off the table! I'm sipping on a rum punch now, have almost duplicated the ones from Darkwood Beach.

JHC

I dunno. I spent the morning on my porch looking over Spring River Valley. My wife, one daughter, one grand daughter and one great grandson wrapped up in blankets with the adults sipping hot tea and coffee(touched with a taste of Jameson).

I wouldn't trade it for all the beaches and sunsets in the world.

That's the wonderful thing about this country. Every place has it's own beauty...and if you don't like it where you live or you need a change you can move. :):FlagAm:

At least you know they're coming and can getthehellout! We have the lovely tornadoes!

JHC

At 7,000 ft here, we have neither. :D

And how often do we even see sunsets during the winter season in this area?

The sunsets are still awesome even when the lake is frozen!! :blink: Sunsets have nothing to do with wether the lake is frozen or not….Duh!

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVvYBJkNY.n0AglcPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Lake+Erie+Sunsets+When+Lake+Is+Frozen&fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hspart=Lkry&hsimp=yhs-SF01#id=12&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrwallpaper.com%2Fwallpapers%2Fsunset-frozen-lake.jpg&action=click

And how often do we even see sunsets during the winter season in this area?

The sunsets are still awesome even when the lake is frozen!! :blink: Sunsets have nothing to do with wether the lake is frozen or not….Duh!

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVvYBJkNY.n0AglcPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Lake+Erie+Sunsets+When+Lake+Is+Frozen&fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hspart=Lkry&hsimp=yhs-SF01#id=12&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrwallpaper.com%2Fwallpapers%2Fsunset-frozen-lake.jpg&action=click

I don't know about your area but we see plenty here in Northeast Ohio in the winter and they're awesome!!!

I don't know about your area but we see plenty here in Northeast Ohio in the winter and they're awesome!!!

I'm less than 100 miles from you and all I generally see is plain old grey overcast sky

I'm less than 100 miles from you and all I generally see is plain old grey overcast sky

That's too bad !!! :P I'm exactly one mile from the lake and we get some beautiful sunsets in winter, not as much but a fair sure of them.

That's too bad !!! :P I'm exactly one mile from the lake and we get some beautiful sunsets in winter, not as much but a fair sure of them.

i

All that lake effect snow, blocks out all traces of the sun.

Loopie, old buddy, this is some of the first of the sunrise to touch the USA this morning. This why I live on the ocean, out my back door.

First time I have tried to post a picture. Oh, by the way it was 19 degrees

Is it because I use an iPad, I can't do a picture?

I did "more reply options", and no way

It is on facelessfriends book Steve stadler 31

i

All that lake effect snow, blocks out all traces of the sun.

Ha ha….not true!!! :D You get way more snow than we do!!

Not really, we can get lots of snow, but along the coast we get mostly rain. Got to be really cold for the ocean to freeze. The ocean keeps us moderate.

Cleveland is colder, then here. Last year I landscaped all winter, no snow. Have had winters where I had to go way inland to ice fish.

I am from Ohio, born and raised, don't tell me, I will take coastal Maine any day for the weather, and that includes winter. Not wanting to encourage people to move here...best weather in Maine is in Ashland-Portage area, Canadians go there in the winter for the warmth.

Guest Grass Range #51406

Sitting on the deck regardless of the weather listening to the Coyote, the Curlew and the Meadowlark. ( Plus the Rattlesnake in summer.) But I would not trade for a beach home

Not really, we can get lots of snow, but along the coast we get mostly rain. Got to be really cold for the ocean to freeze. The ocean keeps us moderate.

Cleveland is colder, then here. Last year I landscaped all winter, no snow. Have had winters where I had to go way inland to ice fish.

I am from Ohio, born and raised, don't tell me, I will take coastal Maine any day for the weather, and that includes winter. Not wanting to encourage people to move here...best weather in Maine is in Ashland-Portage area, Canadians go there in the winter for the warmth.

We hardly had any snow at all last year either. It comes and goes different years, Cleveland is NOT colder than where you're at. Check the temps. It's pretty much the same!!!! Trust me, I've been here all my life I think I know what's going on here a little more than you do! No offense!

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Ohio/average-annual-temperatures.php

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Maine/average-annual-temperatures.php

Just got back tonight from a five day trip to Key West. The most Wide Open town in the USA, and we were fortune to have a stay at a beautiful, historical hotel on the bottom of the Island on the Atlantic side. Great sunsets. Cheers, bc

Hoss:

Did you see the Green Flash?

We just got back, too. 83 degrees when we left St. Thomas, snow in the driveway at home.

Ah, well...that's what makes it special. If it weren't for the contrast, there would be no joy.

Now, if I can just figure out how to open a beach bar in the islands when I retire.....

LL

You don't live near the ocean... like a gnat on bulls-a$$... you just ain't been swatted yet. YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN THE OCEAN.... before the door closes.

Just a fair warnin' for the future.

Lushhole Larole... hope I'm wrong. I do like yore posts.

ts

You get better sunsets because of all the pollution that gets sent your way

You get better sunsets because of all the pollution that gets sent your way

From where? Hardly any manufacturing left here, Cleveland's actually pretty clean! Are you talking about the bull&*^% from Chicago? I can believe that! :P

Archived