SASS Wire Forum

Levis CEO "you don't need a gun to try on jeans"

Well it sounds like a reasonable "request" rather than a ban. They had to do something after some knucklehead shot himself in their store. I'm not anti gun at all, but I wouldn't allow anyone I didn't personally know to carry in a business I owned. It's not being anti gun, it's being anti stupid people, and there are far too many of them out there. Just go to any public indoor range and count how many times someone gets swept.

Well it sounds like a reasonable "request" rather than a ban. They had to do something after some knucklehead shot himself in their store. I'm not anti gun at all, but I wouldn't allow anyone I didn't personally know to carry in a business I owned. It's not being anti gun, it's being anti stupid people, and there are far too many of them out there. Just go to any public indoor range and count how many times someone gets swept.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand. Sorry, I just looked at where you're located.

• Like 1

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand. Sorry, I just looked at where you're located.

What part of privately owned business do you not understand? First off, if you had read the article, which looks like you didn't, there was no infringement going on. It was a request. Probably a lawyer-ed thing to do. And second, the bill of rights does not extend within private companies. Anything you do against their rules is trespassing. So you are telling me that if you owned a business, someone could come in with a pro muslim sign and preach the koran? What part of freedom of religion are you not understanding, right? And why does where I'm located matter?

• Like 2

Where do you split the hair between "request" and "ban"? If an establishment is "posted" in AZ, then I cannot carry on that property. To me, if someone "requests" that I not carry on their property it's the same as posting a sign and/or banning.

And for the CEO and any others, I wouldn't be carrying to try on a pair of jeans. I just happened to try on a pair of jeans while I was carrying.

I'll stop there before I go to the nasty bin.

BS

Like I said .

Levi who ?

I have not seen a Levie store in free America in 25 years !

So who cares .

Edited by Rooster Ron Wayne

First, the weasel worded lie:

"So, while we understand the heartfelt and strongly-held opinions on both sides of the gun debate, it is with the safety and security of our employees and customers in mind that we respectfully ask people not to bring firearms into our stores, offices or facilities, even in states where it's permitted by law," Bergh’s letter said. "Of course, authorized members of law enforcement are an exception."

If they were actually concerned about safety and security, they would know that the incident was a freak "accident". And that true safety and security requires arms. Or are they providing armed security for us?

Then saying essentially "we don't give a damn what you think and you won't really do anything about it anyway."

Most notable was Starbucks. After the coffee company made that request in 2013, gun rights advocates began threatening to boycott its brew. For this reason, Bergh told Fortune, he sought counsel from Starbucks before publishing his own request. His conclusion was that "most boycott threats around this topic ultimately blow over."

Boy, I see they really want my business!

Can anybody find any evidence that this alleged negligent discharge actually occurred? I'm seeing more and more examples of fake events which are made up to support their position on an issue. I googled it several ways and there is no evidence that it occurred. You'd think that it would be a news story somewhere, right? Isn't every such event a big news story? I'm calling BS on his claim.

Yeah, I wear Wranglers anyway.

Edited by Ripsaw

What part of privately owned business do you not understand? First off, if you had read the article, which looks like you didn't, there was no infringement going on. It was a request. Probably a lawyer-ed thing to do. And second, the bill of rights does not extend within private companies. Anything you do against their rules is trespassing. So you are telling me that if you owned a business, someone could come in with a pro muslim sign and preach the koran? What part of freedom of religion are you not understanding, right? And why does where I'm located matter?

Wake up Levi has been giving money to the Anti Gun people for years! or could that be the none infringement your talking about?

The only stores I can remember going to in the last few years... Hardware, Lumber, Supermarket, Gas, Guns, Auto Repair. That's it. Everything else, you can get it delivered. If it doesn't come to me, I don't bother with it. Haven't been to a mall in loooong time.

• Like 1

My two cents as with any advice or opinion it's worth what you pay for it. Levi has every right to set whatever rule(s) they wish. I have the right to vote with my dollars as to whether or not I accept or agree with their rules. It sadly seems that so many gun owners have lost sight of the importance of protecting all of our rights. It seems if the new anti gun law doesn't affect them personally they turn a blind eye. Oh ban "standard capacity magazines" who cares I have single action revolvers, ban Chinese imports who cares I shoot an AR 15. Restrict where you can carry a concealed weapon or if you can even carry one awww who cares my state has liberal carry rules yours doesn't then move. Trust me California gun laws are high on my list of reasons I'm moving, but shouldn't we stand together, other gun owners whether they shoot evil black guns or all American SAA are not the enemy. Instead of arguing the point of is this ban/request right shouldn't we be arguing with our money and votes against any and all anti gun bans/statement/laws. The anti gun groups have learned to split gun owners by targeting one part knowing that many gun owners won't fight against measures that don't directly affect them. Somewhere I remember reading United we stand divided we fall think someone famous said it if not I'll take credit for it. Isn't it time we all stand together to preserve our right and heritage. Maybe I'm old fashion but if you support gun right I consider you a kindred soul no matter where you live, what color you are, religion you practice or type gun you shoot.

• Like 1

So are you saying that you need to personally make sure folks are vetted to your standards before a person carries concealed around you? Just trying to get a handle on the concept I guess.

• Like 1

My two cents as with any advice or opinion it's worth what you pay for it. Levi has every right to set whatever rule(s) they wish. I have the right to vote with my dollars as to whether or not I accept or agree with their rules. It sadly seems that so many gun owners have lost sight of the importance of protecting all of our rights. It seems if the new anti gun law doesn't affect them personally they turn a blind eye. Oh ban "standard capacity magazines" who cares I have single action revolvers, ban Chinese imports who cares I shoot an AR 15. Restrict where you can carry a concealed weapon or if you can even carry one awww who cares my state has liberal carry rules yours doesn't then move. Trust me California gun laws are high on my list of reasons I'm moving, but shouldn't we stand together, other gun owners whether they shoot evil black guns or all American SAA are not the enemy. Instead of arguing the point of is this ban/request right shouldn't we be arguing with our money and votes against any and all anti gun bans/statement/laws. The anti gun groups have learned to split gun owners by targeting one part knowing that many gun owners won't fight against measures that don't directly affect them. Somewhere I remember reading United we stand divided we fall think someone famous said it if not I'll take credit for it. Isn't it time we all stand together to preserve our right and heritage. Maybe I'm old fashion but if you support gun right I consider you a kindred soul no matter where you live, what color you are, religion you practice or type gun you shoot.

Exactly. I have had many conversations with folks that only shoot a certain type of gun or discipline, i.e., skeet/trap or rifle. They seem very lackadaisical regarding restrictions on magazine capacities, black guns, etc. I try to get them to understand that the left works very effectively on incrementalism. Once 'we' become comfortable with a certain level of restriction, then they move to increase or place another restriction. As gun owners and defenders of the 2nd Amendment, we need to look beyond our own little window and see the big picture our enemy is viewing.

These people working against us have the ultimate goal of COMPLETE control and authority over EVERY aspect of our lives. They have been on this path for over 100 years, incrementally eroding our rights and freedoms. While they would love immediate dismantling of the Bill of Rights and to convert us all to 'subjects' overnight, they also are patient and have a very good understanding of how to gradually ensnare us.

We need to use their lessons and methods against them, unite in understanding that we ALL are in jeopardy and present a unified front.

Whether it is a CEO 'requesting' that firearms not be carried into their business or an outright ban, makes little difference to me. I will let them know that it is unacceptable to me that my rights be infringed and I will take my business elsewhere. I fully support a business owners right to operate their business as they see fit, that is the American way. It is also the American way for us to be able to voice our opinion and not support those establishments.

If the business does not have the proper signs I am carrying in the business.If the business has the proper signs I will find somewhere else to shop.

• Like 1

I fully respect an individual or business owner's privilege to set their own rules for their private domain. Your house, your rules. If I can't abide by them I just won't come visiting.

We have a gun shop here that has all sorts of signs, banners, literature proclaiming the right to keep and bear arms. They'll even help you join up and/or donate funds to help the cause. However; a sign on the door informs you that only law enforcement may carry loaded guns inside their store.

I've really wanted to point out the apparent discontinuity but since they also generously support some of the annual shoots we have I just let it go and don't go in armed when I'm there. It's also since all their employees are opening displaying their own weapons I wouldn't want to provoke anyone. :wacko:

I do sometimes think I should call and inform the owner as to the reason I choose not to visit his store very often.

I fully respect an individual or business owner's privilege to set their own rules for their private domain. Your house, your rules. If I can't abide by them I just won't come visiting.

We have a gun shop here that has all sorts of signs, banners, literature proclaiming the right to keep and bear arms. They'll even help you join up and/or donate funds to help the cause. However; a sign on the door informs you that only law enforcement may carry loaded guns inside their store.

I've really wanted to point out the apparent discontinuity but since they also generously support some of the annual shoots we have I just let it go and don't go in armed when I'm there. It's also since all their employees are opening displaying their own weapons I wouldn't want to provoke anyone. :wacko:

I do sometimes think I should call and inform the owner as to the reason I choose not to visit his store very often.

As in all relationships, communication is key. For whatever reason, maybe: 1) They have not seen the disconnect as you/I would see it; 2) they have thought about it but for whatever reason have made the decision as it stands.

Maybe discussing it would either change their policy or enlighten you on why they have that policy.

Redwood: as for freedom of religion, i have nothing against that. But if i owned a brick and mortar store, and someone came in with placards preaching ANY religion, I would tell them this is a store, not a street corner, so please be courteous to the other customers. As for carrying in my store, as long as it is concealed, I wouldn't really care. If I had a store like that, instead of working from my home like I do, then I would be packing anyway. Think about it, even if you posted a "No Guns" sign, are the guys who are going to rob you going to care? That goes for the stupid people also. You just can't mandate away stupidity, I thought we all knew that already.

• Like 1

Redwood: as for freedom of religion, i have nothing against that. But if i owned a brick and mortar store, and someone came in with placards preaching ANY religion, I would tell them this is a store, not a street corner, so please be courteous to the other customers. As for carrying in my store, as long as it is concealed, I wouldn't really care. If I had a store like that, instead of working from my home like I do, then I would be packing anyway. Think about it, even if you posted a "No Guns" sign, are the guys who are going to rob you going to care? That goes for the stupid people also. You just can't mandate away stupidity, I thought we all knew that already.

I completely agree, my friend. The point is that all constitutional rights are sacred, yet they do not extend onto ones personal property. Disallowing firearms at a work place doesn't make that company anti-gun. It's sometimes a necessity, especially in this litigious society we live in. In the other thread in the saloon of the same topic, Yul Lose had a perfect example of this.

Who needs to try on Levis anyway, same as Wranglers? I go in the store, buy my size, and leave... Levis fit better when walking around, Wranglers are for riding... two different activities... two different products. I found that in 3-Gun, I run out of time reloading my leverguns & single actions, so I bought a EBR... (already had a 1911), two different activities, two different products. Besides, if I'm packing, it doesn't feel so much like I'm getting robbed when I do buy Levis... :ph34r::D If They don't ask, I won't tell.

I agree it is every business owners right to dis-allow certain things in his store. But, to me, it is kind of like putting an NRA sticker on your truck. At some point you have to put your money your your mouth is and not play it so safe. But that's just me, my mouth has got me in trouble before!

I agree it is every business owners right to dis-allow certain things in his store. But, to me, it is kind of like putting an NRA sticker on your truck. At some point you have to put your money your your mouth is and not play it so safe. But that's just me, my mouth has got me in trouble before!

I'm somehow not surprised haha