SASS Wire Forum

Rifle Ammo on Shotgun Loop

TN Mongo, SASS #61450

I was thinking about the rotating belt part of the design.

I would suggest that anyone wishing to use an original or replica of that design submit an application for approval of same for competition use.

I :wub: you PWB and know you don't make decisions in a vacuum. So do not take this personally or a statement of intent to not follow the rules.

I do believe this rule is carrying things too far as I feel about the rule not allowing "tie-down" bandoleers.

Both look good, anyone can cheaply take advantage of them, they could have been an early design for some enterprising cowboy.

Not to mention, they look much more likely to be period appropriate than one of the following, from 1875. BTW, is this SASS legal?

15317998_10207762333445829_2964322670709

Nice find Allie!!! Was that in a Sears catalog??

Really??

Ammo belts must be worn so all ammo is positioned at or below the belly button.

SHB p. 11

In my observation I have been quite puzzled at the unusual locations of belly buttons. SASS certainly has a lot of members who possess strategically located ones. The only way I see to monitor this would be for all shooters to shoot topless or have a stage examiner in addition to spotters and posse marshal and score keeper. I guess it could be done at the loading table. Anyway, I am for doing away with use of the shotgun---it's a real time waster and hurts the ladies' shoulders.

In my observation I have been quite puzzled at the unusual locations of belly buttons. SASS certainly has a lot of members who possess strategically located ones. The only way I see to monitor this would be for all shooters to shoot topless or have a stage examiner in addition to spotters and posse marshal and score keeper. I guess it could be done at the loading table. Anyway, I am for doing away with use of the shotgun---it's a real time waster and hurts the ladies' shoulders.

Bill,

I disagree. The SG only hurts if you hold it incorrectly. It has nothing to do with one's sex! :angry:

I enjoy having three different types of guns to shoot.

Allie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can count on one hand the number of live rounds I have jacked out over the years, so I sometimes do not carry spare ammo, and a rifle reload is very rare these days, but when we have one I and others have been known to use one of the methods shown in the pic. Is either of these legal?

DSC04449small.jpg

thanks.

I can count on one hand the number of live rounds I have jacked out over the years, so I sometimes do not carry spare ammo, and a rifle reload is very rare these days, but when we have one I and others have been known to use one of the methods shown in the pic. Is either of these legal?

DSC04449small.jpg

thanks.

If a particular method of carry is not listed, it's NOT LEGAL.

But I'll ask the ROC to be sure.

Stand by.

... Is either of these legal?

DSC04449small.jpg

If a particular method of carry is not listed, it's NOT LEGAL.

But I'll ask the ROC to be sure.

Stand by.

Neither of those is a "...cartridge/shotshell belt loop" as allowed in the SHB...p. 11.

ROC RULING:

NOT LEGAL

Edited by PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

You're welcome!

I believe that was about the fastest verification I've ever been able to get on a rule clarification!

😎

Edited by PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

PWB - picture I sent you on Sep 14, 2012 shows your approved way to have a single cartridge available for a rifle reload on a shooters pants belt.

Please resend...the application standards for the rules have changed a bit in the past few years.