SASS Wire Forum

Golf Cart Gun Storage

Ninety Caliber Al, 50218

Am looking for a better way to carry my guns when shooting off my golf cart. EOT and other large ranges where I need mobility help. Have seen some really cool cabinets pards have built on to their golf carts. Since I'm looking for ideas would love to see some pics. Pm for email if you can't post picks.

Any ideas would be a big help

IMG_0382_zps9c5be5cd.jpg

Fluffymobile%207-31-2011%20005_zpsbpv3kk

I have a 2" receiver and had a peice made that allows me to drop the front wheel to my ruggedgun cart in it to be towed behind my ranger. Works great tow cart up to berm push cart in berm like everyone else. Then I found if you can park where you can walk to two to four berms it's easier than loading up and moving 20' sucks.as I'm able to walk more I am going from splitting two berms and shooting both befor moving the ranger to be bestand if your lucky and do two stages per berm and only shoot four stages that day then it works out great park between the two berms you're shooting the shoot both stages then go to the other berm then leave it works great.

I met a feller in OKC that built a covered wagon over a golf cart like the one Red Cent posted, looked great and was convenient to shoot from.

Imis my$.02

Ill try to find the pix

Ninety Caliber,

I will send you some pictures. I don't know how to post pictures on here.

Rev

Your inquiry brought the following idea into my head....

On the back of the cart, a classic old west shipping crate, labeled Winchester repeating rifles or some such. Open the hinge lid back (towards the front of the golf cart), and two uprights hinge up from the ends, and then a cross piece installed between them with long gun barrel rests. In my vision, the crate would have enough room to store the long guns and a bit more when closed up and be locked up.

Edited by Grizzly Dave
  • Like 1

Grizzly Dave,

I wish I could post the pictures here of what took me 18 months to completely tear down to the last bolt sandblast, paint undercoat, rewire, and design a great back cabinet set up with a drop down table. I sent them to Ninety Caliber by email. Kats sick and went to bed or she would maybe post them if she takes her nice pills in the morning. The Irish Mafia is mean :angry: in the morning. Not sweet and lovable like me.

Rev

• Like 1

Your inquiry brought the following idea into my head....

On the back of the cart, a classic old west shipping crate, labeled Winchester repeating rifles or some such. Open the hinge lid back (towards the front of the golf cart), and two uprights hinge up from the ends, and then a cross piece installed between them with long gun barrel rests. In my vision, the crate would have enough room to store the long guns and a bit more when closed up and be locked up.

Grizzly Dave,

I wish I could post the pictures here of what took me 18 months to completely tear down to the last bolt sandblast, paint undercoat, rewire, and design a great back cabinet set up with a drop down table. I sent them to Ninety Caliber by email. Kats sick and went to bed or she would maybe post them if she takes her nice pills in the morning. The Irish Mafia is mean :angry: in the morning. Not sweet and lovable like me.

Great idea Dave!

Got the pics Rev, awesome!

Rev

Grizzly Dave , wrote me and he is going to post my pictures for you all,

Rev

• 5 months later...

I have vertical gun racks that were purchased from a sporting goods store. They bolt to the floor and have Velcro straps to secure the long guns. I also have a steel cage on the front for other items. They can be purchased from any golf cart dealer.

Edited by Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator
spelling

In the beginning of CAS it was a gun cart of any design - then it went to wooden push carts with a box for the ammo and stuff - then there were a few historical motor powered machines - now it's golf carts. What's next? Stage coaches to move the shooter from one pit to the next?

I shoot a club where 17-25 shooters alternate between 2 bays.  The long arms are in gun racks and the guys usually bring a box with their ammo and stuff.  IMO, the carts of any type are to move your stuff from one bay to the next.  So why not shoot 2 scenarios from one bay to decrease the hauling to individual bays to shoot the next scenario?