SASS Wire Forum

Easy-Fast Way to Load Federal Primers into the Dillon Tubes

John Boy

I built a primer tube filler using a Lee priming tool. Works the same as the electronic ones except you have to shake it a bit to move the primers. Of course mine is superior since it's environmentally responsible. it's made from repurposed material and doesn't use pollution causing batteries 😜😳

• Like 2

I built a primer tube filler using a Lee priming tool. Works the same as the electronic ones except you have to shake it a bit to move the primers. Of course mine is superior since it's environmentally responsible. it's made from repurposed material and doesn't use pollution causing batteries

Its that kind of considerate thought that will help save the planet.

As in most mass production items, some need fixin". The FA VibraPrime is no exception. I have one of the first ones (they stopped making them for a spell) and it needed a burr removed here and there. I have used it for 8-10 years and it runs like a charm. Dollar Bill Newman, a relative newcomer to the game, bought a recent VibraPrime and it works right out of the box. I heartily reccomend the Frankford Arsenal VibraPrime.

ive been using this device also. I did a little altering to the clear plexiglass shield and a jigsaw. If you get one you'll probably figure out what I'm talking about. Just by looking at it.

Anyway, it takes a little figuring out what angle to best hold it. But it works great. Load 8 tubes in quick order!

Regards

Ringer

I had an RCBS flipper but somewhere disappeared and replaced by Flambeau flipper tray. It was ok till they started putting primers in larger packages. I'm seriously looking at the Dillon flipper tray now so they won't bounce out of the small plastic trays. It's happened, I'm ok to get down on the floor once in awhile, its just hard to get back up again.