SASS Wire Forum

Rugged gear baby buggy guncarts

WymoreWrangler SASS 46187L

Yep, they are expensive and made cheaply.

Can't sit on them, very flimsy, axles bend,

Check out my carts at www.sswdistributors.com

I have the 4 gun deluxe model I bought almost 5 years ago. I have had quite a few problems with the front axle and the bracket that holds it. They have been very good about sending replacement parts and they tell me each time that the design has changed in this area. While I do like the cart it's very bothersome to have to keep repairing it.

I frequently have to search for mine since there are so many others in the pack that look the same. I think I should mount a flagpole on it to make it stand out. A nice wooden cart would certainly be more fitting to mood of the game we play and easier to customize in a style that is unique to you.

For myself, the positives still outweigh the negatives but since you do not want to hear them..... :)

I have had the three gun model for about 5 years now and have never had a problem with it. In my usual manner, I have made changes to it to suit my needs including making it possible to hold 4 long guns and my pistols in a rack. This coupled with my tendency to put way too much stuff in it tells me it is a pretty tough cart. If mine broke tomorrow I would still feel like it was money well spent. That being said, they are not the only game in town. There are some very good quality carts available made by people like Jakaroo above or by folks at home that like to tinker and have the tools to make one. I have a really nice wooden one that works much like the Rugged Gear cart that I built, but the light weight and handiness of my little green cart makes that one stay at home.

I've had to replace 1 rear wheel. Spokes broke. Also replaced top handle hinge. I suspect I broke it by leaning on it. Other than that been very happy with it. had it 3.5 years, shoot on average 3X/month. If it completely pooped out at my next match I would replace it with another just like it.

Wheel spokes are pretty flimsy. I've replaced several wheels due to pulling/knocking spokes out of the rim. The spokes need more than just a minute tack weld inside the rim.

The gun holders really need a square shaft on the stud and a square hole through the mounting bar to hold them from turning. Even with the nylon locking nut tightened snugly, the holders turn easily.

Even the latest design on the front axle/wheel is not real easy to steer.

Can't sit or lean on them, not that I try to, but lots of pards need to.

But, it's better for many matches than my much heavier wood cart. Especially out of town.

Good luck, GJ

Yep, they are expensive and made cheaply.

Can't sit on them, very flimsy, axles bend,

Check out my carts at www.sswdistributors.com

If they were that crappy why would so many shooters have them? Why, because they are the greatest cart made today.

I never sat on my wooden cart, I take a WalMart folding stool with me to the range for matches. There's room for a small soft cooler, the stool, range rod, "grabber" and 3 guns. I've had mine 4 yrs trouble free. It's also lighter than a wooden cart and easier to load.

Thanks for the input, I have an Off the Wall wood cart, and I like it very much, just looking for something smaller for traveling...

I have a modified folding wagon I use if I have very limited space.

6ba454cf-abae-4647-ae28-637fcb0d7210.jpg

I have a modified folding wagon I use if I have very limited space.

6ba454cf-abae-4647-ae28-637fcb0d7210.jpg

Brady,

I have the same cart but am putting rifle holders you would use on an ATV. I really like your mod as well. Can you send me (PM) with a couple more pictures, of the mount?. Do you have any issues with it being tippy at all?

When I read the title of the post, all I could think of was:

Rugged baby buggy guncarts

Rubber baby buggy bumpers..

Rubber baby buggy bumpers...

Rubber baby buggy bumpers !!

LL

Haha!

Do those carts have rubber bumpers???

thinking about getting the Rugged gear four gun cart, I've heard all the positives, wondering if anyone has anything negative to say about them... Thanks WymoreWrangler

They're not period correct. I'm quite sure that Billy the Kid's gun cart was NOT made of nylon and aluminum. :D

Mine is about the sixth cath in over a decade. I stool solves the sitting problem. It is much better than a wooden cart easier to move on gravel. I bought. Mine and pull it behind my ranger 4x4 at bigger events. The hooligan wagon was the only other cart that saw much use as it was adaptable to my electric scooter when itworked. My only downside is that it only holds four long guns on side match day it could be a problem if you used a lot of long guns in theevents.

They're not period correct. I'm quite sure that Billy the Kid's gun cart was NOT made of nylon and aluminum. :D

Too right John, also nowhere to stick on all those names badges for all the shoot you go too.LOL

Stand by for my new timber folding 3 wheel cart, coming soon.

Can't put much of an umbrella on nor have a place to sit

Hi! I bought a BagBoy golf umbrella holder and mounted it between two of the upper gun rests. It clamps on and is adjustable inside for any width of umbrella stick.

I have a lightweight wooden cart. But, at some ranges the rocks just aren't conducive to easy rolling and hard on my knees and ankles (durn arthritis!) I bought a Rugged Gear on the advise of Red River Ray (thanks!) and it was a relief to tackle the rocks and uneven ground. Plus it holds more than my wood cart. I think it was money well spent. Watch that the wheel locks don't engage when you don't want them to. I took brake cogs off for now. Plenty of room for a folding stool and cooler. I might still use the wooden cart for local matches where the stages are close together. Other ranges, no.

I've traded my old faithful 4 gun not period correct wooden cart for a Rugged Gear 2 gun. Used it for the '16 season with zero problem. A breeze loading and unloading it from Gray compared to the wood cart. Got caught in one rain shower, bummer...no wait, Rugged Gear had a cover that protected by guns!

Just plain ole Cadillac of gun carts. I still have my old wooden one. But with the wife shooting we got lots of extras to carry. Mercy!

JRJ

Built and used a lot of wooden gun carts over the years. The weight savings and foldability of the Rugged Gear simply outweighs any perceived advantage of a wooden cart. As far as where to sit virtually everyone with a baby buggy cart has one of these. Simply go to the nearest Walmart and problem solved.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Trademark-Home-Collection-18-Cushioned-Folding-Stool-Black/21977162

Mine wasn't the top of line but wasn't the basement model either as I wanted to choose the color so it was a little easier to find in the sea of carts on a stage. Added the umbrella holder. I got the big bag for the front it holds everything that used to be in my box and saddlebags on my other carts with room for my slicker and trauma kit. My ammo goes in one of the blue Dillon boxes and usually rides in the tray or a bag I got from Hamilton dry goods it has three pockets for boxes of shot shells I usually have two filled up one with a partial box and one with a full box the rain cove rides below them in a pocket I think they are more pockets but I have no need for them. Icarry the umbrella, range rod and grabbers between the long gun holders so I usually have two open if it's not side match day. Cooler fits between base of long guns and front bag. I use the two open upper long gun holders to hold mt revolvers.it came with a towel and brass bag that I use always. I've seen a few attachements I would like sources for one is a setup to hold two or four additional long guns, a wooden piece that holds four revolvers. I had a welder make a front tire receiver that fits a standard 2" receiver so I could tow it behind my utv at large events like wr and eot since I'm not able to walk any distances barely able to make it from the ult to the lt on some berms.i need a stool when I get to either. On stages with vertical racks by the lt I stop by on entering the range and deposit my long guns there till I get ready to load up. On those with out it takes two trips one for the stool and one for the guns.i use one of the cup holders for my yeti cup the 30oz size and the other holds my can of amsoil my.

As for a place to put name tags I'm adding them to my brass bag but I've seen them on the top of the front bag also.down the sides it's al fabric you imagination is you only limitation.i think I even saw a couple of holsters that had the thin strap from the back over the bucket of the holster looped over the crossbar on the sides for putting the revolvers in when not on the gun belt.

Yeah watch the brakes I went thru a set the first outing because I forgot to unlock them when I towed it.

Not a problem saw joe at cowboy shooting supply and he put new ones on plus Ibroke one of the push bar adjustment prices on the way out to wr he replaced it gave me new axels since I tow mine and at the end of wr the opposite adjusts peice was cracked I replaced that since joe was sick when I got home no problems since I think I had too much weight in the bottom and was man handling the cart and cracked the second from hindsight. At eot saw joe and he fixed a couple other items for me one was my stupidity the other was a bad part he said as several were having the same problem with the front wheel not swiveling right. So if you need parts contact joe at cowboy shooting supply and the most he will charge you is postage if he has to mail you the parts. He is the only authorized supplier outside the company the last time I talked with him. Any thing else you might want to know just ask.

Archived