SASS Wire Forum

DAMN! Leon Russell has passed!

Blackwater 53393

Got word this morning that one of my musical heroes had passed!!

I'm saddened!!

Prof. Tull!! Another of the Tulsa crew has crossed over. The Good Lord has one hell of a jam session scheduled for later today!!!

Very sorry to hear this. Uno and I saw him perform a couple of years ago. He was looking a little rough back then.

What a jam session that must be......

A couple of my high school pards worked with Leon and JJ Cale. We often get together and jam out a few tunes. One of the guys is Nick Rather. He was JJ's bass player for years. I know that next time I see him we'll share a smile and a song. There are videos out there featuring Leon with Nick thumping out the bass!!

I met and spoke to Leon when I worked in the bus industry. He was a nice guy and a gentleman. I remember that he always had time for me and we talked music whenever we crossed paths. Once while I worked on his bus, I talked with him and Don Williams for a good little while. We talked about playing the colleges and how the young kids knew all the songs we played!! 2011 and we're doing Tightrope and Lay Down Sally and the fraternity boys are singing every word!!

I've been many times blessed!!

A couple of my high school pards worked with Leon and JJ Cale. We often get together and jam out a few tunes. One of the guys is Nick Rather. He was JJ's bass player for years. I know that next time I see him we'll share a smile and a song. There are videos out there featuring Leon with Nick thumping out the bass!!

I met and spoke to Leon when I worked in the bus industry. He was a nice guy and a gentleman. I remember that he always had time for me and we talked music whenever we crossed paths. Once while I worked on his bus, I talked with him and Don Williams for a good little while. We talked about playing the colleges and how the young kids knew all the songs we played!! 2011 and we're doing Tightrope and Lay Down Sally and the fraternity boys are singing every word!!

I've been many times blessed!!

I bet you could really tell some tales, Blackwater. Have you ever considered writing a book about your life and the folks you've met?

NAH!! Nobody would believe half of it!! Most of it just makes me happy when I'm feelin' sorry for myself. I don't get that way too often 'cause I try not to slow down!!

I've told a few friends who know a lot of my adventures that I'll be able to smile and take that last breath and say that I didn't miss much......

Archived