SASS Wire Forum

whats the best thermal and other solutions needed

Trigger Mike

I have a FLIR thermal scope but at 150 yards it is hard to discern what i am looking at as the shape is distorted too much. it is a few years old. what is the best thermal option out there. does not have to be rifle mounted. i often carry the thermal and if girls is present there is a night vision scope on the rifle, it sees clearer just not on the other side of trees.

the reason is recently there has been a pickup of folks driving thru the woods onto my back driveway and coming out my drive onto my road instead of going out on the paved road they came from. i tell them not to when i catch them and the passenger of one last week is missing all her teeth which might be a sign of meth. today an alert neighbor saw a shirtless tattooed man walking briskly down my driveway. my house is 1/3 mile from the mailbox. he said he was an unseemly character. we did not find him. i had blocked off the path they had been taking so wondered if they are going on foot now. supposedly a drug user lives down the road and we do see a lot of traffic lately down toward that direction. his trailer borders near another section of my property. my first thought was they must be driving out to avoid police detection since they live on a main road and i live at the end of a dirt road.

they come from behind my fishing cabin on the other side of my 5 acre pond. the night of the time change at 130 am thru the words, past my cabin, across my pond and across a wide back yard and into my home i could hear their music. i did not call the police yet as the police have a habit of telling the person who called them as my neighbor had a wedding at his house and the police told him who complained.

You need to be careful. You may have a meth lab hidden on your property or immediately adjacent to it.

You should probably contact the local LEOs with your concerns.

What SD said for sure.

Plus if your sight is firearm mounted simply looking through it at another might be considered "brandishing" or some other legal form of assault and open you up to all kinds of unpleasantness. Never know these days. Getting LE involved might be a wiser choice than taking care of things yourself.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Trigger Mile,

Perhaps a call to the DEA is in order. Trouble is the police may be investigating these goons and gathering evidence but until they act you end up dealing with lowlifes.

Go to the cop house and ask for the WC(watch commander). Tell what you said here-

Take pictures of everything you can and start keep'n a log of this activity.

You can take pictures of anyone on your property or in public.

Get some night vission 'game cameras' mounted up PDQ.

Carry on you property.

OLG

My insurance guy had some people build a meth lab on Forest Service land adjacent to his property. He confronted them coming and going across his land a couple of times and finally found their site. He called the cops and NFS and the FS tried to get him to pay first saying it was on his property and then saying he had allowed them access. He finally prevailed, but it was a hassle. Good Luck!

Archived