SASS Wire Forum

Anyone else shooting a Yildiz?

Hurricane Deck 100366

Anyone else shooting a Yildiz for CAS? The name had popped up a few times on the wire and people seemed to like 'em so I picked one up over the weekend from a reputable smith at Red Dirt Rampage.

I've put about 75 shells through it and it's starting to loosen up a bit.

Curious of others opinions on this double.

Stumpman shoots one. I have shot it before and liked it. It didn't seem any looser than any other shotgun I have shot that we have available.

Stumpman is The Guy to talk to on tuning them and slicking them up!

Stumpman shoots one. I have shot it before and liked it. It didn't seem any looser than any other shotgun I have shot that we have available.

Stumpman is The Guy to talk to on tuning them and slicking them up!

That's who I bought it from. Good guy and good work. I hope I enjoy this one as much as he enjoys his!

Stumpman has shot his for some time now and has been working on them for a long time as well. I liked the sort of sunk in rib on the top that lets you sight quickly. I am not ready to trade my SKB in for one, but for the money they seem like a good alternative. With the Baikal imports not happening any more it is either one of these or a Stoeger for a lower cost shotgun. I would take the Yildiz any day over one of them, but the Stoeger has never fit me well. The Cimarron SKB-ish model seems like it could be a good one too, but I haven't torn into one yet to see what they need to have done and they are more expensive.

WE have several Skeet shooters using Yildez O/U's at our club, and they are holding up pretty well. These guy's are putting 100 to 200 shells per week through them so they are getting a pretty good test. Only problem that we have encountered is broken firing pins.

Briley Mfg. is the Warranty station for Yildez, and they now have the policy that they won't sell parts to other gunsmiths. If you need parts, you simply have to send the gun to them. Their claim is that Yildez owns the parts, not Briley, and won't allow them to be sold.

They have had sufficient problem with the firing pins that they are now warrantying them indefinitely, but it's a PIA to have to ship the guns to then for a simple F P replacement. Of course, a good gunsmith could easily make new pins, but then how about other parts that may need replacement over time?????

This policy, in and of it'self would make me very hesitant to purchase one of their guns.

RBK

RBK, that is a good point, but it is hard to find parts for an SKB or Browning BSS too since they have been out of production for so long. At least they have parts, even if you must send the shotgun in to get them. Hopefully the side by side will be more reliable. Maybe Stumpman will see this and fill us in on how they are holding up over time.

I have bought part for SKBs before and never had any trouble get them from SKB shotguns phone # 800-752-2767.Site is www.skbshotguns.com

Archived