SASS Wire Forum

Another.."What tics me off" thread

Widder, SASS #59054

Rye,

Now that you mention that store cart issue, it reminds me of another peeve at grocery stores-displays taking up half an aisle. Seriously, what idiot thought of that? You have to go one at a time around them. I refuse to buy anything that is displayed that way.

Once, at my local grocery, a person knocked a booze bottle off of one of them (CRASH BAM SPILL). He didn't speak English well, so I told the store person who came over that it wasn't his fault. It was the person who put it in the way who was at fault. :o

I didn't want to see the customer intimidated into paying or even offering to pay for the broken bottle. I still see these displays at every grocery store where I shop. :angry:

Regards,

AM

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dishwater, what you have is not a traffic circle problem, but a traffic engineering problem. I sometimes wonder where traffic engineers got their education and where their heads are planted.

TWEETY!! You are ABSOLUTELY correct!! ;):angry::angry:

Rye,

Now that you mention that store cart issue, it reminds me of another peeve at grocery stores-displays taking up half an aisle. Seriously, what idiot thought of that? You have to go one at a time around them. I refuse to buy anything that is displayed that way.

Once, at my local grocery, a person knocked a booze bottle off of one of them (CRASH BAM SPILL). He didn't speak English well, so I told the store person who came over that it wasn't his fault. It was the person who put it in the way who was at fault. :o

I didn't want to see the customer intimidated into paying or even offering to pay for the broken bottle. I still see these displays at every grocery store where I shop. :angry:

Regards,

AM

:lol:

On the subject of grocery carts. Here in Canada, I can usually tell what the politics are of the area the shopping centre/grocery store serves.

If carts are strewn all over the parking lot, by the users, the area votes Left.

If the carts are placed in the cart corral, the area is mainly conservative.

I guess one group does not rely on others to clean up after them.

My son works for a large grocery chain and tells me his observations, in the various area stores he visits, reflect this.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to drag this old horse back up and flog it one more time. Don't you hate it when you're trying to do business over the phone and it is during regular business hours and nobody answers the phone?? :angry::angry::angry:

Then you get a recording telling you what their regular business hours are, when they will take vacation or holiday time, and tell you to leave a recording!!! I'm two hours ahead of closing time, it is an official work day, I have money to spend, and a need for their goods and services and there's nobody to take my call!! :angry::angry::angry:

It's a medical necessities establishment and nobody is there to take a call!! Then they'll charge some ridiculous price for my needed goods and services and rip me and my insurance company off!! :angry::angry::angry:

I tell ya what tics me off. I live way, way out in the country. And sometimes... me and my neighbors (specially our relatives)... we all ride somethin' out on the road... that ain't quite kosher out there.

'Bout 5 year ago... I built this go-cart... and put a Vortex engine on it... and commenced to goin' out on the road where there was nobody else. Got it up to a hunnert miles an hour a time of two. And then always... some law-dawg would show up... out of nowhere... cause some neighbor would call the law.

Good grief...

Never got in trouble... 'cause they never caught me doin' it... but they questioned me several times.

However... if you ever get a chance to ride a hunnert miles and hour... one foot off the ground... best do it. It is... EXHILARATING!

Rye,

Regards,

AM

While I agree that displays located in high traffic areas or generally located carelessly cause problems, I often wonder if people drive their cars as carelessly as they operate their grocery carts.

I am guessing so. Texting, talking, even gaming on the phone with a totally clueless look on their face while pushing their carts into whatever is around them; other carts, displays, other PEOPLE... ever seen this? Frustrating as... well, you know. Yes, I have been hit by a moron with a grocery cart while I have been carefully selecting the best Mac and Cheese.

Grocery store visits generally raise my blood pressure. I need to find one that lets me drink beer while shopping to calm my nerves.

German bier, preferably.

Archived