SASS Wire Forum

Another.."What tics me off" thread

Widder, SASS #59054

Ya go into a restaurant and order spaghetti and they bring it to you with a heap of good sauce on top. mmmmmmmm good stuff.

BUT, lf you order it 'TO GO' and take it home to eat, when you open up the bag they only have ONE small little cup of sauce with it.

Don't that just 'TIc ya off'?

..........Widder

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not me,I don't like spaghetti.

Not me,I don't like spaghetti.

You have to be the only person in the world that doesn't like spaghetti!! :P

I know some others!!

I get hacked when I spend six or seven bucks on a burger or sandwich and they want to charge me extra for a couple more of the little condiment cups!! The chicken strip meal at Zaxby's is the worst!! They give you ONE of any condiment except their nasty "Zax Sauce" and want to charge you $.50 for each extra!! I declined and have NEVER been back to a Zaxby's!!

Nope! There are at least two of us...

Most any other pasta is fine by me, just not spaghetti.

CS

Got tic'd off the other night at dinner for the "Missus" birthday; when the appetizers we ordered 45 minute B4 the main entree was ordered were brought after the main entree. I had to ask if they had to go fishing to get the clams for the clam chowder. I mean just how long could it take to draw a ladle of chowder and dump it in a cup?!?

Tyrel Cody, my wife used to do that too. That is annoying. But I turned it around. I just did what I wanted. If I asked her if she wanted to go out and eat but I didn't feel like it and she said "I don't care" I would choose to stay home, like I actually wanted to. If I asked would you like Chinese, Italian or Steak for dinner. She would say Whatever" I would choose what I wanted. It didn't take long for that to end, but occasionally she will do that today...and I do what I want when she does.

Widder, I had that same thing happen so the next time I asked for extra sauce and extras cheese. When they handed me the bag I looked in and I kid you not, there was the mini sauce container and an even smaller "extra" sauce container...that was the last time I ever set foot in that place. I went to Macaroni Grill, an evil "big box" store of the restaurant world, after that. They may be a chain but they sure as heck know what extra sauce means.

After Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, Mama would ask, "Do you want punkin pie or mincemeat?"

We'd tell her, "Yes", and she'd bring us a slice of both. :D

When given options and I want all of them I usually answer "Yes". I don't see what's wrong with that. What gets me is when you order food and ask for jalapenos and they give you one.

One

Measly

Jalapeno

I don't want one! I want jalapenos with a side of the order! COME ON!

I get a new "peeve" each week. They sort of rotate. This week it's Westworld where the woman pulls a Colt's SAA and fires it twice - double action - never cocking the hammer. And, The Strain, where a guy is firing a S&W revolver. 11 shots without a reload. Oh well. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford some of these truly unique firearms!

Lonestar Stealhouse Steak Salad. Pretty good if you order in the restaurant. Takeout it's 6 little pathetic strips of steak. Not doing their takeout again.

Stop at a diner and order a large black coffee to go and they don't fill the cup. In 1972, I was driving cross country, stopped in Ft Worth, the girl filled the Styrofoam cup about 60%. I said "If you're going to charge me $2 for that, you'd better fill the cup." She looked at the boss, like I was asking her to break a rule, got the nod and filled the cup.

I just returned from a trip up to northern Utah and back. I usually stop at Burger King for carry out (no place likes dogs inside), not because the food is good (or bad, for that matter) but because they are usually fast and usually get the order right. This trip I stopped four, two up and two back. ONE got my order right. Guess I'll start stopping at almost any place else.

When Mary and I both had office jobs and drove together, there was often an exchange on topic of supper. It would start,

Mary, "I don't have anything out for supper.".

Me, "Do we need to stop for groceries?".

Mary, "Not tonight. It's always crowded and I don't have a list.".

Me, "Do you want to get something to take home?"

Mary, "Naha. We'll have to wait and it's always cold before we get home.".

Me, "Do you want to eat out?".

Mary, "If you want to eat I guess we need to eat out.".

Me, "Where do you want to eat?".

Mary, "I don't care. You decide.".

Me, "How about pizza?".

Mary, "Naha, too many college kids.".

Me, "How about Chinese?".

Mary, "Naha, "We had Chinese last week.".

(You can see how this is going)

Me, Mary, Me, Mary.

Then I decide on what she already decided before she got off work.

Widder, where did you go. That's the first question. The 2nd is if the sauce is sweet. When I lived in New York as a teenager ( Dad was stationed on Fort Wadsworth Staten Island) there were dozens of italian restaurants with great spagetti. The sauce was meaty, never any sweetness. Over the years I can't eat any restaurants spagetti because they make the sauce sweet. I make my own and everyone that eats it, raves about how good it is. Nothing sweet but what is natural to a tomato. So again, what place do I add to my list of never eat at.

Tick'd off. Go to a gun store and ask to see a good concealed carry gun. I specify a Single Stack 9 or .45 (calibers I load), with a rail underneath the barrel. What does he show me? A .380 no rail. Aurgh! I tell him that's not what I'm looking for, and repeat my druthers... he tells me, but this is a great little carry gun. (I'm surprised they didn't have any compact 1911-types.) I decided I needed to go somewhere else.

I went into local gun shop asking if he could order a couple off Cattleman 45s from Taylors. We talked (nothing clear about ordering from Taylors) and he pulls out a Ruger 22/45 from the display case and proceeded to tall me that it would be better.

There are many 'ghost' shows on TV these days.

The 'ghost hunters' are walking thru a dimly lit building and the suspense is getting tense. Then SUDDENLY.......... 'WHAMO', a big noise occurs near them and they jump and quickly turn their heads in the direction of the sounds. Their faces show a look of astonishment and fear.

The camera man NEVER jumps nor turns the camera towards the noise. He stays focused on the 'ghost hunters'. Its all so orchestrated.

And there are folks who actually BELIEVE in this junk. Go figure!

..........Widder

Spaghetti to go??

That's a sign of the apocalypse!

Would that be "people who follow too close" or "people who have picnics in parking lots"?

:P

Both!!!! :lol:

I have had incredibly poor service in a Burger King recently. I don't really like them so it was a no brainer to stop at a McDonalds the next time I wanted a quick light sandwich. The McDonalds service was worse.

I guess I'll start looking for aTaco Bell or something.

Something that tics me off is folks that don't read the thread before posting.

Someone will post - How much is two and two.

Reply #1 - I don't know much about math, but someone will be along shortly to help.

Reply #2 - Two and two are four.

Reply #3 (original poster) - Thank you.

Replies #s 4 thru 10 - comments on the difficulty of math.

Reply #11 (the next day) - Two and two are four.

Thank you. We got that answer yesterday, but thank you for telling us again, because we may have forgotten over the past twenty hours.

Something that tics me off is folks that don't read the thread before posting.

Someone will post - How much is two and two.

Reply #1 - I don't know much about math, but someone will be along shortly to help.

Reply #2 - Two and two are four.

Reply #3 (original poster) - Thank you.

Replies #s 4 thru 10 - comments on the difficulty of math.

Reply #11 (the next day) - Two and two are four.

Thank you. We got that answer yesterday, but thank you for telling us again, because we may have forgotten over the past twenty hours.

depends on the base, in the ternary number system (base 3), 2+2=11, in the quaternary number system (base 4), 2+2=10

You're welcome. (Just another example of how threads go astray)

Drivers who refuse to yield.

Entering a limited access highway on a ramp, with a clear and conspicuous "Yield" or "Merge" sign controlling them, but they fix their gaze straight ahead, and pull out into your lane of traffic at 35 MPH; give them an alert with a quick toot of your horn, and they give you the finger and a purely nasty look.

Rotaries are big hereabouts; driver in the rotary has the right of way; most entering drivers ignore the rule, and insert themselves into the rotary flow like a runaway train;

Four way stop at an intersection; rule says first one to stop at the sign has right of way over later arrivals; if both arrive at same time, you must yield to driver to your right; in this neighborhood, most other drivers do not stop at all, but rather roll through; if they do stop, they ignore the right of way rules and race for priority.

Stop signs; MA used to have a rule that allowed next two following cars to proceed after first car in line stopped fully; that rule changed years ago, and each vehicle must now stop individually; you'd never know the rule had changed, as cars at most intersections flow through stop signs like marbles coming out of a paper cup.

Violators scare me; but their display of indignation when you draw their stupidity to their attention is what really ticks me off.

LL

Tell me, Marshal. In BASE TEN, 10 is pronounced "TEN".

In BASE FOUR, is 10 "TEN" or "FOUR"?

When counting, do you say "one two three ten eleven twelve thirteen twenty", etc? Or is 23 pronounced eleven?

Here's one for ya.

When someone tells me "that doesn't look safe." As if after all these years of experience, I don't know what I am doing.

What tics me off even more is when 5 minutes later I am going for a band-aid or get up limping.

After Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, Mama would ask, "Do you want punkin pie or mincemeat?"

We'd tell her, "Yes", and she'd bring us a slice of both. :D

I was on a cruise ship, and the waiter described 6 different desserts. When it came my turn to order, I said "Yes, but no ice cream sundae". He smiled, and brought me 5 different desserts.

Every store in the world has a "rewards card", I hate when they ask me if I have one and when I say no they have to push me to get one, "You get 10% off today if you sign up…blah blah blah :angry:

Archived