SASS Wire Forum

The Pump Don't Work 'Cause the Vandals Took the Handles

I've always been a big Dylan fan, especially back in the old days, and I listen to a tune of his once in awhile on youtube; i.e., two or three times a year.

But it's a surprise, to say the least. My wife came downstairs this morning and said "you'll never guess who one the Nobel in literature, not in a million years". She was right.

Guess we're gonna hear a lot of Dylan on the radio in the days ahead.....

He HAS been a strong proponent of peace. I don't always agree with his politics, but I DO admire his music and I have to admit that he has stuck to his principles over the years.

I also would point out that he is far more respected than Arafat, Obama, or Gore!! AND far more entertaining!!! :o;):lol::lol::lol:

Songs, for lack of better categorization, are poetry and therefore literature!

I'd say they got it absolutely right as far as this award is concerned.

And Rye!! It's got nothing to do with his voice. :o;) It's about the words!!

He carries a tune better than most country acts and a lot of rockers too!! :lol::lol::lol:

Songs, for lack of better categorization, are poetry and therefore literature!

I'd say they got it absolutely right as far as this award is concerned.

And Rye!! It's got nothing to do with his voice. :o;) It's about the words!!

He carries a tune better than most country acts and a lot of rockers too!! :lol::lol::lol:

Didn't you read what I said??? Geeeezzzzz……….I said he wrote some good songs! As far as him carrying a tune better than most country acts and rockers that's YOUR opinion!

Didn't you read what I said??? Geeeezzzzz……….I said he wrote some good songs! As far as him carrying a tune better than most country acts and rockers that's YOUR opinion!

C'mon Man!! A little levity?? (take note of laugh out loud emogis)

He's the Willie Nelson of Rock 'n' Roll!! Just as ugly and just a talented!!

And having worked with some of the top recording engineers in Nashville, I can safely say that it's more than just my opinion!!!

C'mon Man!! A little levity?? (take note of laugh out loud emogis)

He's the Willie Nelson of Rock 'n' Roll!! Just as ugly and just a talented!!

And having worked with some of the top recording engineers in Nashville, I can safely say that it's more than just my opinion!!!

I don't care who you worked with it's still just your opinion. Music and art is in the eye or ear of the beholder. I've worked and tuned for some top artists myself and I think my opinion is as valid as yours or anyones! ;)

. I don't care who you worked with it's still just your opinion, and theirs. Music and art is in the eye or ear of the beholder. I've worked and tuned for some top artists myself and I think my opinion is as valid as yours or anyones! ;)

Yep! Just as valid.

Never mind....................

Dylan's lyrics are inseparable from his voice. Only a few successful covers of his songs, really. I think that the Byrds' Tamborine Man was the only cover that was a really big hit.

The offbeat lyrics go with the offbeat voice, to put it maybe too simply.

Dylan's lyrics are inseparable from his voice. Only a few successful covers of his songs, really. I think that the Byrds' Tamborine Man was the only cover that was a really big hit.

The offbeat lyrics go with the offbeat voice, to put it maybe too simply.

Jimi Hendrix Watchtower

I would consider Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower as successful and a really big hit.

That song was also a big hit for Dave Mason!!

Every once in awhile a song comes along where you just get the feeling the musicians are just having a LOT of fun in the studio. "Rainy Day Women, #13 & 35" is one of those songs.

My favorite Dylan song is "Forever Young". Wonderful message he wrote for his children.

Love this by Dylan……..takes a while to get to the song but it's worth watching!!

Guns 'n' Roses sure ruined that one.

Warren Zevon more than did it proud!!

Archived