SASS Wire Forum

whats the best pocket knife with clip ?

Trigger Mike

Knifemaker Bill Harsey has found numerous example of fakes of his knives and alerted Custome. I understand many were confiscated.

I have probablly close to sixty knifes in my collection. I still to this day carry an old timer trapper and a mini swiss army. The best clip knife, and I have a SOG, a couple of Kershaws and a few other brand names. Good knifes but the longest lasting clip that holds an edge through my abuse has been an inexpensive Windlass.

another Kershaw user here,I like the Ken Onion designed knives,they are well made,keep a great edge and if you have a problem with it send it back and Kershaw will repair it for free.

http://www.kershawknivesdirect.com/kershaw-onion-knives-c-166.html

i like to carry a pocket knife with the clip so that it hangs on the top of the pocket. i use it fairly often to open feed or seed bags or packages, etc but they always lose their edge in no time at all. The clips start getting loose and the knives fall apart. what is a good brand that maintains a shar edge for longer and is more sturdy that does not start to fall apart over time?

Ive tried the smith and wesson but it is too heavy and pulls my pants down. Ive tried the cheap walmart but they fall apart, I've tried browning and it does ok but will not keep a good edge.

S&W also has a lighter version with Kraton handles. Seems to hold an edge well.

I got a buck folder on sale at menards for 19.99....been carrying one for a long time..used to carry spyderco serrated but they last their damn minds on pricing and jacked it up over the last few years.. I'll wont pay those prices now I'll stay with my made in the USA BUCK

Howdy,

In looking at some options above, the idea of a glass breaker on the 'other' end looks interesting.

A lot of cars getting swept away by floods on the tv....

Best

CR

That doesn't sound like any Kershaw I've used. IMO, either you got a defective product that QC didn't catch or you were sold a counterfeit. I've got a buddy that was in the Marines in Iraqi Freedom. He carried a Kershaw overseas. Still has the same knife. It's all he had ever used until one of his military buddies showed him a SOG last year.

I bought it new in packaging from Academy. It wasn't a counterfeit, maybe bad QC but it wasn't a counterfeit. Blade snapped half inch up the blade from the ricasso.

Howdy,

In looking at some options above, the idea of a glass breaker on the 'other' end looks interesting.

A lot of cars getting swept away by floods on the tv....

Best

CR

I keep a Benchmade Triage in my work truck. It has a belt cutter (that's razor sharp), a carbide window breaker tip, and a rounded tip blade. I got it a few years ago when oil was booming because of all the accidents I see along the highway. Thankfully it's never been used for anything but opening a letter.

I bought it new in packaging from Academy. It wasn't a counterfeit, maybe bad QC but it wasn't a counterfeit. Blade snapped half inch up the blade from the ricasso.

Was it being used as a small pry bar? :D

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/blog/accidentally-broke-your-kershaw-blade-we-can-help

i used to carry a spiderco when i policed but after a long while it broke. tried kershaw but was not totally pleased. decided to help support the NRA and since they have a SOG in their store Id try one and since today only Cabelas has 10% off and free shipping i bought a bench made knife from them so will try both . If i could get excess food to go to my hip instead of my belly id go back to carrying my S & W automatic.

Archived