SASS Wire Forum

Pedersoli Rolling Block Buffalo Rifle 45-70

Cherokee Sam

Excellent condition Rolling Block 45-70 long range Buffalo Rifle. Pedersoli cat

#3516 serial # RO 6567. No longer in production, this was produced and shipped to Navy Arms in 1995. Comes with mounted Universal Long Range Pedersoli Sight. Only one Blemish which appears to have been covered by previous owner (see picture). Simply do not have the time to use this fine firearm. Shipped to your FFL in air tight shipping case shown. 1000.00 shipped.

IMG_8308_zpshofeqkdy.jpg

IMG_8313_zpsjvjzhvd4.jpg

IMG_8309_zps8s0cebfk.jpg

IMG_8311_zpsyxjw0oug.jpg

IMG_8310_zps5o1kwmxz.jpg

IMG_8312_zpszkidqqis.jpg

This won't be here long.If I had not bought a SKB yesterday I would be looking at this really hard.

This is a high quality, accurate gun. I have the same Model only mine has half round / half octagon barrel. I have shot a clean match with mine at 600 yards sitting using cross sticks.

I shot a buffalo at 165 measured yards sitting from cross stick in 10 degree weather. It got heavy carrying it while hunting for buffalo but it made up for the weight when it came time to get the meat.

I can't comment on how good the tang sight on the O.P.'s gun is from the picture. I have a Lee Shaver Soule type tang sight on mine. I have the same front sight on mine.

I have not found the single trigger to be a handicap.

I love going to club matches and shooting against other club members that have $ 2,000+ in the gun, sights and have spent hours on the range searching for the right load. I just bring my Italian beauty to the line and teach 'em Yankee guns a lesson.

I have several standing offers to buy my gun from club members.

Guys this a great gun that will hold it's own against more expensive ones.

Can you get a set trigger for this rifle?

I looked in their catalog also.Just thought I would ask.After my post on the 40-90 I thought I would try and find a 45-70.

I looked in their catalog also.Just thought I would ask.After my post on the 40-90 I thought I would try and find a 45-70.

I shot it about 40 rounds. Lack of set trigger not noticed to be a problem with this.

I have one just like it. I usually win the long range side matches with it. VERY accurate with every load that I have tried in it.

I own this same rifle and I can tell you for shore its beautiful.

And its a tac driver !

I paid more then this for mine used two years ago :-)

If you still have it at winter range come talk to me, I just don't have the funds right now with a trip to see the grandgirls pending for the holidays . Leaving late this month band returning in January as planned now, I might swing by Alamogordo on the way to az and go out early if I'm up to it . But I can all ways get the money it's this trip is important to me since I was in the hospital last year and unable to make it. Plus this is the last year givens ferry will be a regional. Plan vote as early as possible, fix rig from damage I'd did in az. Then a week out to the coast. Recoup get ready for the givens ferry match and maybe see daughter and granddaughters before match my ex will be there the second and third week of November IIRC but by the time I've recovered from the match I should be able to really start spending time with them then after thanksgiving I plan to visit my dad and friend in ga then back before Christmas to spend with the girls then head home after the new year I may hang out til my birthday the twelfth of January then head back. I plan on five days driving the rig( Motorhome and trailer full of ranger and smartcar plus. I probably need to swing by and reload some ammo for az if I don't take tools and supplies with me as don't P,an on.too much to carry.

But I'm doing better than I was a year ago thanks all.

BTT. I have a Pedersoli / Navy Arms in that configuration too. Mine was supposed to be 50/90, but when I got it, it was 50/140. A very heavy gun!

Horace

Archived