SASS Wire Forum

**UPDATE** 2017 Great American Outdoor Show - Volunteers needed

Misty Moonshine

Hi everyone!

SASS will be exhibiting at The Great American Outdoor Show scheduled to be held February 4-12, 2017 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

I will be flying out for the show, and I need SASS member/shooter volunteers to help me work the booth at the show.

A little about the show:

- World's largest consumer outdoor show

- 9 day show

- 650,000 sq. feet of exhibitions, 9 halls

- 200,000 attendees

If you have some time and would like to help me in the booth promoting the organization and the sport we all love so much, I would be extremely grateful for the help!

You can learn more about the show here: https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Please contact me directly at: misty@sassnet.com or call the office at 505-843-1320.

Thanks so much- this is going to be great exposure for SASS, Cowboy Action Shooting, and mostly.....FUN!!!

Misty Moonshine

I will contact those that I know have shown interest in working the event and request that they contact you. Put my name down! Thank you!!!!! I think this venue is a great place to recruit new members.

I will contact those that I know have shown interest in working the event and request that they contact you. Put my name down! Thank you!!!!! I think this venue is a great place to recruit new members.

Awesome! Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Misty,

can't figure out that sign up thing.

Dice and I are down for the 10-2 shift on 2/7/17

Put both of us down for the 2-7 shift also; we'll do all day.

Red-Eyed Kid

Hi Misty,

I signed up for myself and the Red Eyed Kid. I did it on the the sign up sheet. Not sure if I need to sign him up on his own.

thanks,

Dice

Dice, Your sign up is fine as is, you listed how many helpers and who will be there. Misty can see the signup live anytime before the show or at the show to view the helpers listed.

Thank you,

JSS

Misty,

can't figure out that sign up thing.

Dice and I are down for the 10-2 shift on 2/7/17

Put both of us down for the 2-7 shift also; we'll do all day.

Red-Eyed Kid

Red-Eyed Kid, I signed both you and Lenny Dice up for the 2-7 shift. The only email I have is one for Lenny Dice, he should receive a notification on this signup. Please let me know if anything changes and I can modify the schedule.

Regards,

JSS

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

First off, thank you all so much for your time and for volunteering to help "man the booth"! At the Great American Outdoor Show.

I need to impose a deadline for any potential volunteers to get signed up so that I can make sure I have plenty of time to order exhibitor badges and parking passes for everyone- AND, to have enough time to get those mailed out to each of you before the show.

The deadline to sign up to volunteer to help is Thursday, January 5th, 2017.

If you are still on the fence about volunteering, please get signed up before this date. This is the only way I can guarantee I can get you an exhibitor badge (credentials for entry) and a parking pass!

Here is the link to the sign up module: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f4da4ae2ca02-thegreat1

I've been pulling Volunteers names off of the sign up module, and if you've signed up already- THANK YOU!

Once I receive all of the badges and parking passes from the show, I will send them to you- and I will include important information about the show.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Misty Moonshine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The time has come, setup is tomorrow and the show starts Saturday at 9:00 AM.

We have 37 members that signed up to help staff the show booth, however there are still three evening shifts without any help for Misty. Wed. 8th, Thurs. 9th & Sat. 11th, if you are planning on attending the show on any of these dates and could lend a hand, even for an hour or two, it would be most helpful. Dress the part in “Cowboy” clothes, stop by and help Misty for a while.

SASS booth has been changed and we are now located at Booth #350, midway down the hall from the NRA booth.

Edited by J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526