SASS Wire Forum

disagree with lock down procedures

Trigger Mike

every time there is a shooting near a school particularly in a school they lock the place down to prevent people from leaving. I have instructed my children to do the exact opposite. when i see birds or deer or squirrels or any other creature in nature under threat of death from a hunter they always flee. in each of us is the fight or flight response to danger. lock downs prevent both. they force you into a slaughter pen. seems that if a herd of people left that it would reduce the available targets. i know the shooter might also get away but they already do and are most often found during the subsequent manhunt.

I have instructed my children that if a shooter appears in their classroom to charge while screaming and run him over and keep going and not stop until well away, preferably home. they mentioned that he might kill us, and i reminded them that if a shooter comes into your classroom you are dead already. I tad them if you are going to die, then die fighting.

Howdy,

There is a book, Marine Sniper.

Gunny Hathcock was not overly happy with some details,or so Im told.

But there is a story about him holding a lot of nva behind a hill for hours in the hot sun.

Now he only had a bolt action rifle. One shot at a time.

If every one of those nva had made a run for it they probably could have come around and

killed him and his spotter.

But if ONE moved the guy got shot.

So they sat baking in the sun.

In other words, Id say you are right if everyone runs.

Police will like the lockdown as it makes counting bodies and live one easy.

Best

CR

in case Im not clear, if I got a vote RUN.

I think you ae a bit confused about lock down procedures. Contact the local PD for more information. In nature animals flee....and hide.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 27, 2016 - offensive post was edited by poster
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 27, 2016 - offensive post was edited by poster

"Police will like the lockdown as it makes counting bodies and live one easy."

An offensive insult to the police imho. :angry:

Wow... you must be the laugh of the party at family gatherings.

Like Utah said, you need to find out the facts before your kids charge a guy on a mission.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 27, 2016 - refers to modified post
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 27, 2016 - refers to modified post

If you ever had to respond to a scene with dead kids you might not have made that statement.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 27, 2016 - refers to modified post
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, September 27, 2016 - refers to modified post

All the dealings I had as an LEO involving dead kids, still haunt me to this day.

Chile Ron-Your remark was an insult :excl: Plus, down 'rite' STUPID :excl:

You have obviously, never held a dead child in your arms. I have, many times.

I also was the one to tell these parents that their child was gone.

Think about what that does to ALL involved and the scars left. -_-

OLG

When we lived in CO, our twin daughters were involved in "active shooter" drills, training and victim response scenarios involving local and neighboring city police, fire, EMS, county sheriff, state police. I was friends with and trained with the local police. The school district policy was "secure in place".

I talked with the chief and informed him that if that if anything happened for real, I would be going in to get my kids out. He had no issues with that.

Gotta love small towns.

Several things strike me about the "active shooter" issue.

All schools are different. Meaning, they have different layouts, are in different locations and geographic areas. Some have "open" floor plans, where many classes don't have physical doors and little in the way of sound barriers. My wife works in one such building. Others have doors that close and lock, but large banks of windows. Some are near buildings and homes, others in large sprawling fields.

Shooters are different. Some have come in, going area to area and shooting. Others have gotten people to flee, so they could shoot as they exited.

There are no easy answers. It seems tactically sound in many cases to lock doors if you can, Turn lights out, and wait, makeshift weapons in hand, but that isn't always so. Seems in life as in war, we are always preparing to fight the last war.

Archived