SASS Wire Forum

Verde Valley Range Wars

Blackey Cole

Well I had been asked over and over to shoot this match. Finally at EOT I committed to shooting it. I sent in my application and fees. Now I'm not a fast shooter most of it comes fro. My lack of mobility. I go to matches to shoot , I enjoy this type of shooting. I really enjoy the people , you never find nice people. I saw friends fron ten years ago I see at every large match I go to, and I ve seen friends from ten years ago that like me life threw them a curve ball and they are like me shooting as the goal to getting better. This weekend I shot with a nice small lady shooting in a back brace, a friend with foot problems and a friend with shoulder problems or recovering from them, then their was a guy whose arthritis was so bad on the early stages it cost him at least one miss. Then a friend who had a stroke over five years ado was shooting bp for the fun of it like me.

Well Cody James was top overall male and echo meadows was top lady. Coffee cups first place said first place second threw fifth got one said top five. I got a top five which was a shock. Door prizes I won two gun covers and two sets of arm garders. Then I won an entry into next years match based on my placing.

Although I didn't win either of the gun raffles I was hoping for a brace of heritage arms IIRC 22lr SAAs, and the main gu. Give away the Ruger talo 1911. The door prizes took longer than the awards, several guns, some leather, and a bunch of bullets plus various other objects.

Wispering meadows , tom elder and crew did an excellent job putting on this match.

Archived