SASS Wire Forum

It's less than 15 seconds from when he shuts down and signals to when he gets clipped. If the other pilots are starting their run and getting their heads into their flight plan they might not have noticed the danger flag.

I see this video is edited down from the one I saw last night. I almost posted it but listened to it several times to make sure there was no objectionable language. In the last second, barely intelligible....

I saw a longer version of that one. He said that he signaled and asked if the flag was still up. He still had the flag therefore it wasn't his fault. He got lucky that he only hurt his hand.

I talked with my boss about this incident this morning. Larry is quite well connected in the racing circuit.

He said this was a standing start race and the pilots are keyed on the guys on each side of them as much as they are the ones ahead of them and that by this point their heads are solidly into the race. Just one of those things that happens. Like pinochle, it's a rough game.

Archived