SASS Wire Forum

Baseball

Shawnee McGrutt

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart is heavy with the sadness of defeat.

Will next year come on gentle wings?

Hope springs eternal.

Best lay in a supply of popcorn and pop for the playoffs. Got the big sofa all cleared off.

And then we have nothing to look forward to but cruel winter.

do tha Rockies still suck?? :huh::huh:

YES!!!!

GO TRIBE!!!

Pay no mind to Rye. He got into some loco weed and thinks the Indians will win the world series.

But yes, the Rockies have been somewhat less than stellar this year. Come join us Cardinals fans

on the big sofa and enjoy some popcorn and a libation.

do tha Rockies still suck?? :huh::huh:

The Rockies do not suck. They have probably the best infield in the league. Great defensive players

And Aranado leads in home runs. LeMahieu is tearing the ball up.

But the pitching gives the game away night after night!

And then we have nothing to look forward to but cruel winter.

Winter is not cruel for me. It is my productive time. No grass to cut, outside maintenance, someplace to be every weekend. In winter I can write. I have two new novels I haven't been able to work on all summer and I'm hoping to be snowed in soon.

Well, except for the lighting, it is a great time to crank up the fireplace and

get out the vise and feathers and tinsel. Time to make some flies for the

rivers and streams and lakes if they are ever open again.

Winter is not cruel for me. It is my productive time. No grass to cut, outside maintenance, someplace to be every weekend. In winter I can write. I have two new novels I haven't been able to work on all summer and I'm hoping to be snowed in soon.

Winter is cruel because there's no baseball.

This isn't trash talk.

Yes , the team you root for, sucks. There! Calico you needed the truth. A tad biased. Bob, don't sugar coat it.

Rye, Cleveland really? They get lost going to Detroit. You guys need Bobby Valentine. Great manager, what a record he had in Boston.

Bugs, where is the goat? He is never far from Wrigley. A one way bus ticket to Yankee stadium, might solve that problem. Yankee fans live in the glory days, so they would not even know that they are in a losing streak. They always reply, remember when ...

Badger, I will take it easy on you. You team just never showed up to play.

Winter is far from cruel, we have no black flies, very few tourist, and there is ICE FISHING. And some nights there is classic Red Sox baseball on tv. And if your lucky, you go to the Caribbean and watch winter ball.

As a kid in the 50's, I was able to tune in WBZ Boston at nights even though I was living in SW PA. Ted Williams et al turned me into a Sox fan for life.

I was able to attend my first game at Fenway in 1986 when I attended the Naval War College in Newport...it was like walking into a shrine!!!!

Then came the World Series where everyone still blames Buckner for the loss of the series while forgetting Calvin Sheraldi, the Sox reliever, had two of the final batters down with 2 strikes on each ...needing only one more strike to end the game. He couldn't do it. Only after that came the Buckner error.

Oh well, it was the Ruth curse so it wasn't to be anyway you cut it!!! 🙄

This isn't trash talk.

Yes , the team you root for, sucks. There! Calico you needed the truth. A tad biased. Bob, don't sugar coat it.

Rye, Cleveland really? They get lost going to Detroit. You guys need Bobby Valentine. Great manager, what a record he had in Boston.

Bugs, where is the goat? He is never far from Wrigley. A one way bus ticket to Yankee stadium, might solve that problem. Yankee fans live in the glory days, so they would not even know that they are in a losing streak. They always reply, remember when ...

Badger, I will take it easy on you. You team just never showed up to play.

Winter is far from cruel, we have no black flies, very few tourist, and there is ICE FISHING. And some nights there is classic Red Sox baseball on tv. And if your lucky, you go to the Caribbean and watch winter ball.

Ya got that backwards, Detroit would love to get lost coming to Cleveland! We're 12-2 against the Kitties this year, we own them! The Tribe's been in first place in the Central for 3 months!

BTW Don't listen to Blabber Fingers, he's too busy worrying about the Cardinals, plus he just wants to add to his post total by posting bullcrap! :P

You are incorrect. The Rockes have one Achilles heel, their pitching staff. Their offensive and defensive stats bear that out. As a team they have a poor record this year. The amazing thing is that management seems to be oblivious to their problem. They will probably draft outfielders and trade for a few mediocre pitchers again while harping about how their great young pitchers in the minors are doing.

The Rockies do not suck.

The front office does. :rolleyes:

Ice fishing? Seriously? :D :D :D

Boston all the way baby! And BTW. Cold winter nights are great for cuddling. No TV. Just a warm fire and a wife of 38 years that loves those cold nights too. Time for forgeting the woes of civilization.

Boston all the way baby! And BTW. Cold winter nights are great for cuddling. No TV. Just a warm fire and a wife of 38 years that loves those cold nights too. Time for forgeting the woes of civilization.

The Tribe will crush the Boston beans into mush! :)

Ice fishing? Seriously? How do yo get cubes for your drinks?

Boston is the best...look at all the other owners trying to copy the success of 2004. Cubbies anyone, do I hear a tomtom?

But seriously, I think we will see some good baseball in October.

All the teams have to be good, as Bob said the Rockies have just one major problem. I believe the biggest part of the game is luck. Not having those gremlins, throwing a wrench into the works. As for skill, all of the players are of a high caliber, if not, they would not be there.

I figured Badger was misguided, by being a Cards fan, so really don't pay him any mind.

Rye, glad you live close to the tire capital, you a just spinning your wheels, if you think Cleveland can beat The Floppers.

Ice fishing? Seriously? How do yo get cubes for your drinks?

Boston is the best...look at all the other owners trying to copy the success of 2004. Cubbies anyone, do I hear a tomtom?

But seriously, I think we will see some good baseball in October.

All the teams have to be good, as Bob said the Rockies have just one major problem. I believe the biggest part of the game is luck. Not having those gremlins, throwing a wrench into the works. As for skill, all of the players are of a high caliber, if not, they would not be there.

I figured Badger was misguided, by being a Cards fan, so really don't pay him any mind.

Rye, glad you live close to the tire capital, you a just spinning your wheels, if you think Cleveland can beat The Floppers.

I just can't stop my self, I have to say it!! YOU'RE FULL OF BEANS!!!! BOSTON BAKED BEANS!!!! :lol:

THE RED SOX ARE LOTS OF GAS AND THAT'S IT!!!! :P

no, the Rockies have more than one problem....have you ever SEEN their mascot??? :blink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPe9dN4dxPI

Uhhh....that's the Nuggets mascot. Not the Rockies. They had him strapped into the harness too long.

The Rocks mascot is a Dinosaur. Cute but harmless and not nearly as creepty as the Bronco's horse/man hybrid.

All mascots pale in comparison to the Philly Phanatic.

Whoops!!! Sorry I got confused the Nuggets mascot's name is Rocky!! :blush:

Here's the Rockies mascot:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/30/dinger-the-rockies-purple-prehistoric-mascot-photos/

What is it with the mascots for Denver? Is it the thin air?

The Rockies mascot, reminds me of Barney the Purple Dinosaur, from the kids tv show ( how that show drove me crazy, but my daughters loved it).

Rye, at least Boston will have the gas to go the distance.

You know now, where Big Popi is getting his speed to run the bases. He is jet powered!! Watch, his feet never touch the ground.

You know our secret weapon!

Colonel Dan, I miss the days the sox were on WBZ, I could get WBZ in Ohio as well ( on clear days).

The Tribe will crush the Boston beans into mush! :)

Wife is from Bowling Green, Ohio. So there is friction for the fire. Being a military brat and a military retiree, I hold to me own. Kilts up boys! Boston baby:)

I just can't stop my self, I have to say it!! YOU'RE FULL OF BEANS!!!! BOSTON BAKED BEANS!!!! :lol:

THE RED SOX ARE LOTS OF GAS AND THAT'S IT!!!! :P

There's lots of methane up north! Fuel for fire they collect what floats northeast of the pig farmers in Ohio. More pork please.

Archived