SASS Wire Forum

The shotshell belt is not a bra.

Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129

Two questions about shotshell belts come to mind.

What is the reasoning behind the "belly button" rule? While I agree the bra type shotshell belts look a little silly,I personally don't see the harm.

Also, why can't bandolier a be secured?

I'm not areqing for or requesting a rule change, I'm just curious how the rules came into being.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the reasoning behind the "belly button" rule? While I agree the bra type shotshell belts look a little silly,I personally don't see the harm.

​Wearing a SG ammo belt around the upper chest was determined to "look stoopid"; besides being non-traditional...and was generally being worn that way solely for some perceived "competitive advantage".

​Because JRB (SASS #1) declared that a "tied-down bandolier" is a SUSPENDER...and NOT an approved method of carrying ammo for stage loading/reloading.

I'm not areqing for or requesting a rule change, I'm just curious how the rules came into being.

​Wearing a SG ammo belt around the upper chest was determined to "look stoopid"; besides being non-traditional...and was generally being worn that way solely for some perceived "competitive advantage".

​Because JRB (SASS #1) declared that a "tied-down bandolier" is a SUSPENDER...and NOT an approved method of carrying ammo for stage loading/reloading.

thanks! I agree the bra shotshell bra looks "stooopid". Not so sure I agree with the bandolier though, so if they ever make me boss I will "executive order" that one off the books!

Archived