SASS Wire Forum

Splendid night at Fenway

Especially given the number of sports writers and talking bobble-heads who wrote the Sox off at the start of the season, there is a certain plush goodness in dispatching the Yankees with a three-run walk off homer in the ninth!!!

Close your eyes, listen on the radio, and it's 1967 all over again! Sox are solidly in 1st place in the East, the Yankees are 5 games back, and you can feel the playoffs coming to Fenway!

LL

:P:P If there was a way that they could both lose I'd be for it! I hate the Red Sox almost as much as I do the Yankees! :P

:P:P If there was a way that they could both lose I'd be for it! I hate the Red Sox almost as much as I do the Yankees! :P

I'm with you, Rye!! 'Ceptin' I like the Yankees!! :lol::lol::lol:

Total respect for the Red Sox. The '75 World Series is still seven of the greatest games every played. Yes, I'm a lifelong Reds fan.

And though sports teams tend not to stir much negative passion in me, it brings me a small chuckle every time the Yankees lose.

Don't know if I would call a two game lead a solid lead, unless there is only one game left to play.

There are two teams snapping at their heels. Both the O's or the Jays are just as good as the Sox. I hope they go on a big losing streak.

But any win over the yankees is reason to celebrate.

there is a gremlin, somewhere, just waiting to throw a wrench into the works.

Cheer up, my Maniac friend !

We've got a 2 game lead, a great remaining schedule, and the bats are hot !!!

Got to turn on the Philco so the tubes are warm by 1:00 !

LL

I saw that, and Toronto and Baltimore have not played as yet.

Bosox better jack it up a couple of notches or they could lose

a whole game today. Not a lot of days left to play for fun.

Have to go to the package store

Another close one. They are playing with me.

Lucky for Rye, the Indians are waiting out some rain. I think they are doing a rain dance, to avoid playing. They know what the tea leaves, said.

October 25th, 1986 was truly a SPLENDID night Fenway Park!!! :wub:;):lol:

Well, I am going out on a limb here.

Division winners look like this to me:

American League;

East Boston Red Soxs

Central Cleveland Indians

West Texas Rangers

National League;

East Washington

Central Chicago Cubs

West Los Angeles Dodgers

Wild Cards are still in flux.

There is something ironic to go the ballpark and hear about 35000 New Englanders chanting "Yankees s**k!"

I remember once about 20 years ago I was in LA. Some friends wanted to go to a baseball game. Angels were out of town, but the Dodgers were at home. So we went. (Dodger stadium has no soul...) They were playing the Mets.

The crowd started chanting "New York s**ks*" and they were kinda bland about it. I jumped up and said "What's wrong with you people?" and dove into an enthusiastic "NEW YOUR S**KS!" chant. People were looking at me wondering how I could be so passionate about it. Then they saw my Red Sox cap and said, "Oh, you're from Boston. Never mind."

Hell hath no fury like a Red Sox fan!

CALL FOR BIIIIIG PAPIIIIII!

Yankees Swept!!

Man, what a sports day in Boston!

Sox sweep the Yanks, and are on FIRE headed for the play-offs!

Pats squish the Fish (well, during the 1st half, and then hung on for the 2nd) - without Brady, Gronkowski, Nincovich, and half the line. They are now 2-0 without their starting quarterback (eat that, Roger Goodell).

Loss of Garappolo will hurt, but they will find a way!

It's amazing how invigorating it is to just watch winning teams, even if you never played a day in your life!

LL

But to get back to the topic title...

I have seen my fair share of losing games at Fenway, must be something about the place, but it is always a Splendid Night or afternoon and sometimes a morning at Fenway.

The Tribe will clinch the division this week!!! GO TRIBE!!!! ;)

(now all we have to do is get rid of the Browns!!

Rye, you don't want the Baltimore Buzzards back in town? Didn't they move out in the middle of the night?

It is too bad that the Browns, can't seem to get it together. For some reason this team just doesn't have the same spark as the original Browns.

But, if Cleveland would like to get rid of Tito, Bobby Valentine is available.

Archived