SASS Wire Forum

Who's Coming To The Tennessee State Championship?

Kat and I will be there.

Kat would like to do the WB RO course on Sunday too.

I'm jealous Jack...that's one shoot I've got a hankerin' to attend !..have fun you two.

Regards 'Mohawk

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to be able to make it this year....I really do enjoy the TN state match, ya'll do it well there. I'm going to be at Backatcha in TX and the TN match is immediately after that. Gotta show up at w*rk some times or they'll start thinking they can do without me ;)

Kajun

Dang, I'll have to borrow someone else's .38 pistol to shoot the rope!

Yep...I still would not believe it if I had not seen it with my own eyes.

Kajun

I'm jealous Jack...that's one shoot I've got a hankerin' to attend !..have fun you two.

Regards 'Mohawk

Hi Mohawk, yes I've been trying to get there for 10 years or so, but Chisholm always clashed with Mason Dixon Stampede the weekend before too, but because of the circumstances this year we decided to stay on and do these. Have the WV State champs this weekend and then visiting Gettysburg and areas in between shoots. 3 shoots in all away about 3.5 weeks. Woohoo, have fun at Chisholm.

Hey Boy's y'all got room for Miss Bo and Me. That is if'n we can make it out of Texas, in one piece. Randy I can get you our information at Cleveland, if that will work. And hopefully a hat, if I can remember it.

Joe, you know we always have room for you and Miss Bo. Getting your apps at Cleveland will be fine, Papa Dave will be there and we'll give it straight to him. Glad y'all can join us. If you forget the hat (I did) that's fine I'll get it at Tennessee State.

Thanks

Randy

Rolan, posse list will be posted but not for a few more days. Right now Papa Dave is working on getting everyone entered in the match. Shooter's book will be put on line probably Monday Sept 26th. Vendors are listed in the shooter's book.

Whiskey

Rolan, Whiskey beat me to the draw. This is the vendors I've heard so far.

Bullet Splat Jewelry by Lady T

Chickamauga Slim’s Bandanas

Scarlett Darlin’ Custom Ear Protection
Clark’s Bullets by Scarlett
Bullets, Shooting Supplies, and Custom Ear Protection

CSA Bullets and Shot, LLC
Col. Tuscarora

Denham’s Cowboy Shooting Gear

Kelly Laster Engraving

Klassic Laser Works

Larry Page Custom Knives

Rollin’ Chopsticks
Jerry and Nancy Dwight

Murphy Gun Leather
Persimmon Dan

Ringers Bullets

Rock Creek Armory
Willy McCoy

Randy

Rollin' Chopsticks is our range food vendor once again. They do a great job for breakfast and lunch with everything cooked fresh right there in front of you. Rollin' is also doing the Friday night dinner at the range. He always has something special planned and it never includes a rubber chicken. We have a lot of door prizes to give away Friday and Saturday night In fact we have so many considering giving some away on Thursday night. On Saturday night Bell Buckle Cafe is our food vendor for our banquet meal. No rubber chicken on Saturday night either. I know Randy has put in a lot of time and effort selecting awards. They are super nice.

I can testify that with Rollin Chopsticks and Bell Buckle Cafe in charge of the food, NOBODY...and I mean NOBODY, goes home hungry.

The Wartrace Regulators do a fantastic job with food vendors AND Cowboy 'stuff' vendors.

I've heard good rumors that atleast two vendors with be there with powder and primers.... plus bullets.

Door prizes are great.

Whiskey Hayes, Randy St. Eagle, Papa Dave, and many other regulators are highly visible during the match and are easy to talk with.

This is a super good match, venue, etc..... and the hospitality is true Southern hospitality.

Hope to see ya there!

..........Widder

Don't forget about the chili contest on Thursday afternoon. Chas B Wolfson is ramrodding this event bringing prizes all the way from Arizona. I have also heard a rumor that everyone that enters a pot of chili will get a bottle of snake bite medicine and the winning pot

will get a special bottle.

Dang, if I had just learned to cook.

If I remember correctly you did it shooting Duelist style.

Randy

Yep...with my Ruger Vaquero shooting black powder on the first shot. Took away all my excuses for misses too. 😁

Kajun

Surely wanted to come this year, but have responsibilities with our college football program that evening.

Will go to the Fort White Annual Shootout on the Sante Fe, instead.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it in 2017!

We'll miss you

Randy

Yep...with my Ruger Vaquero shooting black powder on the first shot. Took away all my excuses for misses too.

Kajun

Kajun, he had to cut it on the first shot, after that he wouldn't be able to see it through the smoke. :D

Randy

Hey Boy's y'all got room for Miss Bo and Me. That is if'n we can make it out of Texas, in one piece. Randy I can get you our information at Cleveland, if that will work. And hopefully a hat, if I can remember it.

Randy, I talked to Copperhead Joe on the phone from here at the Bar3 in Texas this mornin. I'll chaperone him thru this Texas wingding and git him to Tennessee, hopefully not in too bad a shape! And if you'll have me'n'Fannie Kicker, we'd love to posse with Joe and Miss Bo. Your shoot has always been at the top of my bucket list, and we're gonna swing by there on our way home from Texas.(Dang, I love bein retired!) Joe said he'd deliver our entry forms with his, if'n that'll work for y'all.

Titus A.(lookin forward to some Wartrace style fun) Gnatsass

SHAMELESS ADVERTISEMENT:

fin anyone is bringing their Henry .22 to Wartrace for me to carry home with me, PLEASE bring a return shipping box with it.

PLUS, I DO NOT need the stock. This helps keep the return shipping box a little smaller.

Thank you!

..........Widder

It'll be good to see ya again Titus. Plus, you'll get to visit Wartrace before the state match changes venues next year.

You'll love this part of the country.

Safe travels.

..........Widder

And you as well, Widder. Already love that part of the country, just never been thru there that I was able to make it to Wartrace. Have shot with many fine folks from there, lots of folks on the shooters list we already know. Looking forward to meeting more. See ya soon.

Titus

Randy, I talked to Copperhead Joe on the phone from here at the Bar3 in Texas this mornin. I'll chaperone him thru this Texas wingding and git him to Tennessee, hopefully not in too bad a shape! And if you'll have me'n'Fannie Kicker, we'd love to posse with Joe and Miss Bo. Your shoot has always been at the top of my bucket list, and we're gonna swing by there on our way home from Texas.(Dang, I love bein retired!) Joe said he'd deliver our entry forms with his, if'n that'll work for y'all.

Titus A.(lookin forward to some Wartrace style fun) Gnatsass

Titus, we'd love to have you an Fannie and we appreciate you helping Joe and Miss Bo get safely out of Texas. I'll let Papa Dave know y'all want to be on the same posse.

See y'all in a couple of weeks.

Randy

It'll be good to see ya again Titus. Plus, you'll get to visit Wartrace before the state match changes venues next year.

You'll love this part of the country.

Safe travels.

..........Widder

Widder, I must be out of the loop, I didn't know the Tennessee State was changing venues.

See you Saturday in Cleveland

Randy

Maybe I need to EDIT my post.

Somebody told me that the TN State for 2017 was being moved to Memphis.

Was that info in error? Sorri

EDIT: Randy, now I got my story straight. I think the info was intended to mean the SE Regional.

Thats what I get for listening with ears that can't hear..... ;)

..........Widder

Titus, that works for us.

Widder, it is the SE regional moving to Memphis in 2017. The 2017 TN State championship will be at Wartrace.

Whiskey

Thanks Whiskey.

I edited my post to omit that comment and also stated the correction in my post #65.

As always, I get sooooooooo excited about some of these events that I lose some thought waves..... :D

I look forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks at WARTRACE and also in 2017, at WARTRACE... ;)

..........Widder

I'll post a thread on it.

Thats why such a large percentage of your shooters the past few years have been GF, SGF, LGF, Outlaw, etc.........

When a match is good for GFer's, its good for EVERYONE......... YEEHAW!

Thanks Whiskey.

..........Widder

Archived