SASS Wire Forum

Home Protection Sign

Subdeacon Joe

Love the sign. My problem is summed up in one word: advertisement. Seems that some individuals with less that upstanding citizenship, take signs as challenges. Like the bully willing to call bluff. I don't and never have used anything but signs such as "No Trespassing" or No Hunting" on my property. I went thru a short phase when I put Harley Davidson" or " Ted Nugent Bow Hunters whackem smackem" , stickers on my truck. It invited vandalizm. I found that not letting individuals know where I stand, minus of course friends and others that participate in my interests, keeps everyone else wondering.

I live in the country and keep to myself. I do know the important ones that surround me and interact according to their advertisements. Friends close, enemies closer.

Flag always flies. Mostly self employed therefore purposely make no behavoir patterns within reason. Can't avoid everything. My property is the only one no hit on some level over the past 18 years. I know it will eventually. And I hope that I have the upper hand. I said hope. There will always be one.

I will always speak my peace, but will not INVITE trouble.

Tread lightly with your pronouncements! Forethought and targeting is more productive than shotgun blasts that hit everything.

Love the sign!

But there is the sign at our local High School, "Some faculity are armed at this school". That's a very good pronouncement in my book.

I am of the school that I believe I do not want my adversary to have any idea of what I am capable of.

If I look like a soft target, well, perhaps I am, perhaps I am not.

I sometimes get so ticked off I think of putting up a sign GUN FREE ZONE in my yard and one inside

my house that says SURPRISE!

(Don't get your panties in a wad, that is a joke son, just a joke. )

I am of the school that I believe I do not want my adversary to have any idea of what I am capable of.

I sometimes get so ticked off I think of putting up a sign GUN FREE ZONE in my yard and one inside

You would LIE?

I am shocked!

I like it!!

He did not Lie, the front yard is Gun Free, Inside the house is a different story.

However, The sign should "Surprise, this area is NOT Gun Free."

I may be totally off base but for some reason I seem to recall "weapons free" was a military term used to mean you are clear to engage. If this is true it gives a whole new meaning to a guns free zone.

I don't think that is their intended purpose.

Personally, I don't think they had any reasoning behind them, the slogan just sounds good

therefore it makes them feel good. I have done something to stop the use of guns. Yeah, right.

I had a doctor's appointment the other day at the local hospital, and I noticed their gun free zone sign along with a

drug free zone notation. I got to thinking, always dangerous for Badger, they have put all of the

doctors and medical staff at risk. The very people that you would want if such an incident

were to occur. Not only that, how would they know if you are packing heat or not if it were

concealed? So, the bad guy could carry in a concealed pistol, wipe out several staff members or doctors

and the sign would not have prevented anything.

And then there is that drug free part, at a hospital? Give me a break. What do they think hospitals do?

But I suppose the liberal mind is not capable of wrapping around such a thought.

Archived