SASS Wire Forum

Guns America Article on CAS

Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L

A couple of errors, two revolvers, not one, the 73 rifle was omitted. And it focused on 'dying game' too much without pointing out that there is some young blood in the game.

But overall a decent article IMO.

It's being discussed at the saloon too………….They couldn't find pics of other shooters besides two of Holy Terror? Nothing against her but she's the only one shown with western attire. The other t-shirt logo laden girls and young man with a t-shirt on doesn't give an honest representation of our sport! This writer thinks it's a dying sport which I tend to disagree with. It's nice to have someone write about CAS, but BAD writing can damage our image as much as it can help!

"learn something from the old guys while you still can???? :lol:

Everyone should to the article, READ IT, then in the comments section provide some constructive criticism Posting about it here will not correct the problem.

UPDATE

As posted in the comment section the author is interested in getting the facts straight. She does mention that she attempted to contact the SASS office but did not receive a reply after two weeks of waiting.

I've been reading this series of articles and have been looking forward to this one for obvious reasons. The first comment posted on the website stated that there were several inaccuracies. The author posted what seemed to me a polite response asking what needed to be corrected.

Read the article. The best part, IMHO, was the blog response by Creeker. Very well said Pard.

Read the article. The best part, IMHO, was the blog response by Creeker. Very well said Pard.

+ 100000 ;)

A couple of errors, two revolvers, not one, the 73 rifle was omitted. And it focused on 'dying game' too much without pointing out that there is some young blood in the game.

But overall a decent article IMO.

Well I suppose that it is true that we are all dying, and in this game most of us are closer to the end than to the beginning. However, I doubt that the game itself is going to die anytime soon... at least not at the local level. I am seeing new shooters come into this game............ and most of them are NOT youngsters, they are already seasoned citizens! I've helped 4 new members just within the past few months get completely outfitted with new guns, leather, and everything that goes with it. Last year was the same... we picked up other new (Old) members. Generally it is the Oldsters that have the time and money to spend on toys. The game at the local level can easily adjust and adapt to give their members what they want. It is harder for some of the Bigger matches to make those needed adjustments and changes. Supporting your local club and the clubs around you is the best way to keep the game alive and healthy. The Big national matches are not what keeps this game going. They supply excitement, but only the local clubs can keep the fire burning.

Snakebite

Snakebite

Well I suppose that it is true that we are all dying, and in this game most of us are closer to the end than to the beginning. However, I doubt that the game itself is going to die anytime soon... at least not at the local level. I am seeing new shooters come into this game............ and most of them are NOT youngsters, they are already seasoned citizens! I've helped 4 new members just within the past few months get completely outfitted with new guns, leather, and everything that goes with it. Last year was the same... we picked up other new (Old) members. Generally it is the Oldsters that have the time and money to spend on toys. The game at the local level can easily adjust and adapt to give their members what they want. It is harder for some of the Bigger matches to make those needed adjustments and changes. Supporting your local club and the clubs around you is the best way to keep the game alive and healthy. The Big national matches are not what keeps this game going. They supply excitement, but only the local clubs can keep the fire burning.

Snakebite

Snakebite

You're right about the Oldsters being the "new" shooters in the game. We see most of the new blood in experienced shooters looking for a new shooting venue and when they come out to watch they're hooked!! ;)

They were not shooting a sass match it was a western or cowboy stage at one of their matches. Yeah the mentioning of the age of the shooters was prevalent but what do you expect them to try to advertise that younger shooters are needed to insure it lasts as the age of us that watched Saturday morning westerns is up there. I figure I'm at the end of the baby boomer group but the beginning of the gen X group from the research I done so if I'm one of the last to watch the westerns then they don't have the memory's of dreaming to be a cowboy and shooting he bad guys or natives of the area. It wasn't long before the westerns were replaced by the scifi movies even the war movies were replaced. Until the western channel on cable and satellite came about it was hard to find a western on tv in most places.

Good article - on point. It's up to us to get new & younger shooters interested and involved.

Guns in general are not as accepted as they were when we grew up. You can't even watch Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings anymore, which I continually lament.

El Q

If they're going to do an article on cowboy shooting you think they'd be smart enough to use some pictures of people that represent our sport! Holy Terror is a great shooter but that's all they could come up with??? Bad article in MHO! :wacko:

Archived