SASS Wire Forum

California bans bullet buttons

Irish Pat

This post ought to be move to another forum. One of the sponsors of the bill, an ex-cop convinced his ilk in the state legislature that a bullet button made a semi-auto rifle fully automatic. Those idiots will believe anything.

This post ought to be move to another forum. One of the sponsors of the bill, an ex-cop convinced his ilk in the state legislature that a bullet button made a semi-auto rifle fully automatic. Those idiots will believe anything.

I would think an ex-cop would know better, of course maybe he did and knew that his compadres in the state legislation were so dumb he could tell them anything!! :wacko:

I would think an ex-cop would know better, of course maybe he did and knew that his compadres in the state legislation were so dumb he could tell them anything!! :wacko:

You nailed it, Rye. Most of them now serving are products of the Kalifornia school system and don't have the ability or desire to do their own research and find out facts for themselves. Any so called fact or claim about a firearm or firearms is immediately taken as gospel by these morons.

I never quite understood any of this bullet button ban stuff. I would think that the antis would want a bullet button so that it makes it harder to change out magazines. But instead, the want to ban the bullet button, making it easier to change magazines? What am I missing here?

I never quite understood any of this bullet button ban stuff. I would think that the antis would want a bullet button so that it makes it harder to change out magazines. But instead, the want to ban the bullet button, making it easier to change magazines? What am I missing here?

I could be wrong myself, but I believe the ban makes magazines absolutely not removable. Have to load through the top like a SKS.

Boggus got it correct. What the antis want is a magazine that is permanently attached and cartridges have to be loaded through the top. The theory is that it will make them slower to reload in a mass shooting atmosphere and someone will have time to sharpen a carrot and attack the attacker whilst he's reloading.

This law applies to both Good and Bad people, so, it will certainly have a limiting factor in mass shootings. Folks who decide to go out and kill dozens of people will no longer be allowed to use a gun with a removable magazine. They will now be forced to have two or more loaded guns that they can switch to, on the clock, if they want to go for a "Good Time". This is just another attempt to slow down the fast shooters.

Snakebite

I pointed out to my member of the CA Assembly and CA State Senate that by their support of that bill they were making firearms less safe. What is the first step in safing a semi-auto? Drop the magazine and open the action to eject any round in the chamber, then lock it open. There is no way to remove a full magazine, one would have to cycle the action by hand in order to empty the magazine. They didn't care that they were making things less safe.

I pointed out to my member of the CA Assembly and CA State Senate that by their support of that bill they were making firearms less safe. What is the first step in safing a semi-auto? Drop the magazine and open the action to eject any round in the chamber, then lock it open. There is no way to remove a full magazine, one would have to cycle the action by hand in order to empty the magazine. They didn't care that they were making things less safe.

Joe!! How many times must it be repeated??? YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!

The battle for our rights continues--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/503798283159550/

I wonder if the local law enforcement members ARs have this mod incorporated in to their guns?? Even the bodyguards of the politicians?? Bet yer sweet bippy NOT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw an OLD "Death Valley Days" program, starring "the Old Ranger". This episode was about how California was wrested from Mexico in "The Bear Flag Republic" rebellion. Why don't we just give it back??? :P

I think we pretty much have. :mellow:

"The state flag of California was created on June 14, 1846 in Sonoma, California. It was designed by William Todd (cousin of future First Lady, Mary Todd Lincoln).

"The bear image on the original flag was drawn by William Todd and the bear on the current flag was created by Don G. Kelley, the founding editor of Pacific Discovery magazine.

"The five-pointed star on the flag was originally put there to reference Texas, the Lone Star State, as both California and Texas were states of Mexico and fought for independence from Mexico."

Read more at http://californiaflag.facts.co/californiastateflagof/californiaflag.php#yTtTrJTU8RUH3yuC.99 :)

Now I know what the star references. I knew about William Todd. I think the bear on the original flag was to represent the California Grizzly Bear (now extinct, I think).

BTW I had to cut and paste the link. Clicking on it didn't work. Thanks for the link. I'll look at it later.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived