SASS Wire Forum

Another legend has passed

Red Cent

Mr. O'Brian was at the SASS convention up in Vegas several times. I remember one time when the young person at the door didn't recognize who he was and wouldn't let him in because he had forgotten his vendor badge. He was in a wheel chair. We got him in. He was a wonderful guy.

He will be missed. He WILL be remembered!!!

Mr. O'Brian was at the SASS convention up in Vegas several times. I remember one time when the young person at the door didn't recognize who he was and wouldn't let him in because he had forgotten his vendor badge. He was in a wheel chair. We got him in. He was a wonderful guy.

I remember he had a sign by his booth at the SASS Convention that said "Hugh O'brian, is he still alive"?

I hope one of the cable channels has a marathon showing of his series. I would enjoy seeing him bringing law and order to the Old West once again.

Wyatt Earp was, not surprisingly, my favorite western growing up. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. O'Brian at EOT in Norco back in 2001 or 02. Interesting fact is that his sister, Jean was the general manager of a May Company (now Macy's) department store in Mission Viejo, California, where my wife worked as the manager of the credit department.

RIP Mr. O'Brian

Yep, another of the best is gone! I still watch the show every afternoon when I'm home in time for it . Our screen and film western heroes are leaving us at a fast pace these days making me realize my own age at times.

I wonder who will teach our youths the moral of the story the way most of the old western tv show heroes did for us?

R.I.P. Hugh

Spades H.

One of the Great's, R.I.P. Wyatt

StarZWestern (Channel 523 on Comcast Cable in Denver) runs "Wyatt Earp", "Laramie", "Wanted: Dead or Alive", "Bat Masterson", "Wagon Train" and "Cheyenne".

Yes, I watched Hugh O'Brien as "Wyatt Earp" as a kid. Quite an actor! RIP, Mr. O'Brien. :(

Encore western 342 on Dish also runs the same ones.

LEP, probably the very same convention I came strolling by him in hall and he asked that I might help him with luggage, which I, of course, obliged with pleasure Then, when I saw him in the convention he insisted that we have photo made. A nice, unsuspected reward from one of the greats of the B-western screen.....and such a nice guy to boot.

RIP Wyatt Earp of the TV screen..

Crosstie if you want I'll look for the DVD of the series that he signed when I got it at the convention and loan it to you .

"Hugh O'Brian who was starring as Wyatt Earp wagered $1,000 to any Hollywood actor that could beat his timed draw. In 2006, I had the privilege of interviewing Hugh O'Brian. He confirmed this story but said it was actually $5,000 and that no one ever beat him, and some did try. He also confirmed that Audie Murphy called him out, but insisted that they use live ammunition, Hugh declined the offer."

http://www.cowboyfastdraw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42&Itemid=26

"More than 375,000 high school sophomores selected by their schools have gone through his Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership organization (HOBY), which was founded "to inspire and develop our global community of youth and volunteers to a life dedicated to leadership, service and innovation.

The nonprofit organization grew out of an invitation to O'Brian from Dr. Albert Schweitzer to visit the medical missionary, a 1952 Nobel Peace Prize recipient, at his hospital in Africa."

http://www.military.com/off-duty/television/2016/09/06/wwii-veteran-hugh-obrian-tv-wyatt-earp-dies-91.html

RIP Sr.

Archived