SASS Wire Forum

Thanks Wolverine Rangers - RANGE WAR 2016 - results

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Had a great time (like every year right?)

EXCELLENT weather too!

it was nice to finally meet Misty Moonshine who was the honored guest this year.

Here are the results (click on the 'Match Results' tab on the left):

http://wolverinerangers.org/RW.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:

​What a Great weekend.......Stages, Weather, People, and Banquet......I would like to thank R.J. Law and his family, Deuce Stevens and his family, and all the Cowboys and Cowgirls that do all the set up and take down and every other little thing that it takes to put this shoot together. Thanks to all of you Eleanor and I had a Great weekend.

​Take Care

​Faygo Kid

What an outstanding match! The scenarios were great...no procedural traps, the target distance was excellent, no gunfighter traps (consideration for gunfighters), great evening activities, plenty of camping room, and the banquet facility was definitely a great choice. Though we didn't shoot the speed matches, we heard a lot of great comments about them. We did shoot the 4-stage warm-up and had a wonderful time shooting with the posse...both at warm-ups and the main match.

Deuce Stevens, RJ Law, Cosmopolitan Christine, Bad River Marty, and the rest of the volunteers did a fantastic job with this match.

Folks should put this on their bucket list...definitely a go to match! Can't wait to see what Lassiter and Deuce have in store for everyone at EOT 2017! Based on this match and Lassiter's thoughts on what a good match should be, EOT 2017, should be one of the best in the upcoming year.

Congratulations to Deuce Stevens (Top Overall Cowboy and Michigan State Men's Champion), Sunshine Marcie (Top Overall Cowgirl), and KJ Stevens (Michigan State Ladies Champion).

Congratulations to all of the category winners, especially my husband, Knot Hardly Dunn (happy anniversary).

Special thanks to Hey Sugar and Honey B. Quick for helping with the Doily Gang clinic!

Congratulations to Deuce and KJ Stevens and all of the other Champions!

Thank you RJ Law, Deuce Stevens and all of the Wolverine Rangers for a spectacular Range War!

A big thanks to Deuce Stevens for allowing me to be a Posse Marshall this year.

Thank you Posse 2 for all of your help, you made my job very easy.

Congratulations to Deuce and KJ Stevens. Thank you for all of your time & effort put into making Range war one of the best matches in the country.

I absolutely enjoyed the variety in the stages. Loved stage 7 for the movement down range.

Thank you to RJ and family for their roll in range war, Michigan is blessed to have you & the Wolverine Rangers to host our state shoot.

Thank you to all the shooters for supporting our state match,

Already looking forward to WRRW 2017 :D :D :D

3GC

This was the first Range War for Cayenne Kay and I and I don't plan on it being our last. A HUGE thank you to R. J. Law, Duece and everyone who had a hand in putting it on. The stages, the side matches, the banquet and awards, the camaraderie and the entire shooting facility were outstanding. The Rangers made you feel like this was your home club. Put this one on your must do calendar for 2017.

Ditto, again!!! :P One Great Match!!! If you haven't been there, then, you should go there! I waded in Lake Huron (a great lake), I had a wall eye (?) fish lunch. I spent some time among some of the greatest people in the world (River View Rattler, Red, ​R.J. Law, Drover (a different Drover), Doc Noper, Hombre, Deuce, and of course, my running mates, Boaz, Mean Gun Mark, Hunny Boney, and, Smokey, Split Rail, and a thousand (I do embellish for time to time :o​) more great Cowboys and Cowgirls!

Oh yea, and there was a Cowboy Match. One of the most fun I have ever shot. Great Stages. Great Targets. The stages were different than I am used to, however, they weren't hard to figure out, and some times you even had a tee-pee or two passing by.

There was stolen cattle, Rustlers by Golly, real live Rustlers! Of course, no names are available.....to protect the Guilty!!! :ph34r:

Smoking Irons is BACK! and Maggie is happy about that! Canadians Black Magic and Canadian Two Feathers (my favorite Canadians of all time) were there. They both did themselves proud!

One Great Week--- One Great Shoot!!!

Thank You!!!

Knob Creek Drover

Well worth the trip! We'll be back for more Michigan hospitality and to shoot a very fun match. The stages were great, and the camping was perfect for mingling and meeting up with new and old friends. Congrats to my buddy Boaz for spanking me (again) and winning FCGF. Also to Split Rail, who set me up with caps and balls and a "little" powder :P

The banquet facilities and food were very nice, makes it worth getting gussied up and wearing your finest.

Anybody thinking about adding a match to their travel schedule should make it this one. Thanks Deuce, RJ, and all who put the effort into making this one stand out.

CR

This match is always on my "must go to" list every year for the reasons stated above. The stages are excellent; so good in fact that I liberally steal from them when writing stages for my home club. There were some new sweeps this year that I've never shot before, which shows you the Wolverine Rangers are careful to keep the match fresh and exciting.

This really is an excellent match folks -- I plan on being there next year. You should too!

Thanks again, RJ Law, Deuce Stevens, and their families and friends for putting on a great match that I enjoy year after year after year.

On behalf of the RJ and myself and the rest of the Wolverine Rangers thank you so much for the compliments on the match. We were blessed with weather that we could not have hand picked any better. I am so proud of my setup crew, what we get done in a day and a half is amazing I could not ask to be surrounded by better people. Thank you for attending we appreciate it very much your enthusiasm is what drives us and we have already started making plans on how to make next years match better. Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in making this the best Range War yet. Great stages with plenty of movement and mixed target sizes and distances. Deuce made the most out of each shooting bay to mix things up and keep the stages and shooting sequences fresh. Nice target colors too. Was getting tired of shooting all black wherever I went. Great job to all. Looking forward to next year....Doc

Archived