SASS Wire Forum

Rebuild Cajon Cowboys Range---New Update Post #87

Yul Lose

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two for Dastardly Dave, please. I'll catch you at or before the Regional

Howdy Dave, I'll be shooting at Cajon on Saturday and will be selling what tickets I have left, I've got two set aside for you.

Howdy Pards, just an update. It looks like all of the tickets for the Cajon Cowboys gun cart raffle have been sold, in fact there may be a couple of you who will get your gold back, I'll know for sure in the morning. You can blame me for the error I thought that I had enough tickets set aside, but when I went to the match today and sold tickets I sold the set aside bundle and not the ones that were actually for sale, I just discovered the mistake. Never fear though, the Bayou Bounty Hunters out of Louisiana will be launching their gun cart raffle fundraiser very soon and they need the help as bad as the Cajon Cowboys did. I'd like to thank each and every one of you fine folks that opened up your wallet to help the Cajon Cowboys recover from the fire.

If I got bumped just add me to the next one.

MC, I have not received your check yet so I will do that. Thanks again for helping out from way down under.

Howdy Pards, thanks for your patience I've finally got all the tickets filled out and entered. You'll be receiving your receipts shortly. Unfortunately there were a couple of you who didn't get tickets because of my counting mistake, but I have your checks and will be PMing you about them.

I'd like to thank all of you on behalf of the Cajon Cowboys for your generous donations. Some of you didn't even want tickets but sent a donation anyway. When we draw the winning ticket at the Western Divisional awards ceremony on October 16th I will post it here on the wire and I will also notify the winner.

Yul

Hoping to hear from 'ya Yul :D , What a PIA waiting to post!

Your stubs went out this morning.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow......I received a big surprise. Yul Lose called and advised me that I won the gun cart raffle. I wish to thank Yul Lose for his generosity and I look

forward to receiving the gun cart. I hope the Cajon Cowboys Range rebuild is going well. Driftwood Dan

Wow......I received a big surprise. Yul Lose called and advised me that I won the gun cart raffle. I wish to thank Yul Lose for his generosity and I look

forward to receiving the gun cart. I hope the Cajon Cowboys Range rebuild is going well. Driftwood Dan

Congratulations,....sort of....I guess. :)

Congrats. and a big raspberry.Could not make the sound with my keyboard.Still hoping to here from Mr.Lose

Howdy Pards, the raffle is over and here's how it went. I had actually over sold the tickets so those of you who didn't get tickets I'll be in contact. The winning ticket that was drawn was held by Mattel Sackett, the president of The Cowboys in Norco, Ca. and I kinda figured that some folks out there would try to smell a rat so after congratulating Mattel I immediately announced that we would draw another ticket and we did. The winner on the second ticket pull was Driftwood Dan from Oregon. We talked this morning and planning is in the works.

This raffle raised $3,290.00 for the Cajon Cowboys rebuilding fund not counting the money I'm holding for the buyers of unavailable tickets, mentioned above. I then asked Tupelo Flash, the past host of Cowboys TV on the Outdoor Channel, to auction off a third cart with all of the money going to the Cowboys of Norco, Ca. range improvement fund and he did an amazing job and got $2,600.00 as the top bid for an unbuilt cart. I don't have permission of the high bidders to post their aliases here so I'll hold off on that.

Thank you to all of you who participated from the Cajon Cowboys. Your generosity is much appreciated.

I'm building a email group list so that in the future when I raffle off a cart you will be notified and you can decide if you want to participate or not. I have decided that besides raffling a cart or two per year for my home clubs I will also do one raffle per year for a club who has been struck by disaster such as Cajon or The Bayou Bounty Hunters in Louisiana. Since I build these and give them away on my own dime I have to limit how many clubs I can help annually. If you would like to be added to this email group please PM me and I will fill you in. Thank you.

Yul Lose

Good Evening Yul Lose:

Thanks for being so generous with your skills.

I'm always blown away by the generosity of the Cowboys and Cowgirls in this game.

And this raffle to raise $$ to rebuild the Cajon Cowboys range is a great example.

Enjoy what is left of Fall and Stay warm this Winter.

Take care.

--Dawg

Yul Lose,

I cannot sing your praises enough, except I can't carry a tune. :blink: This was and is a kind thing you are doing. Your generosity is the epitome of the Cowboy Way.

Folks, as I gave Yul permission to post about this fundraiser here, I felt he should be allowed to finish it.

As, I've previously advised, we are reverting to following the SASS Forum Guidelines and fundraisers are no longer allowed. If you would like to see the Guidelines, they can be found at the following Webpage. http://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules If you disagree with them, contact the SASS office to request a change. http://www.sassnet.com/AskSASSForm.php

Regards,

Allie Mo

Thank you Allie. You stuck your neck out for me and I appreciate it.

There are times when rules must be 'broken' to do the 'rite' thing. This is such a case.

OLG

Thanks OLG, JJ and Candy sure appreciated it.

Yul,

Put me on that E-mail list for future cart raffles. It's a commendable thing that you do and your carts are just exemplary.

Eyesa

ontargetsteve@yahoo.com

Will do Eyesa and thank you.

Archived