SASS Wire Forum

Siege of St Augustine

Howdy all

I just received this From Bill Bonney

Howdy,

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that that the 2017 Siege at St Augustine has been cancelled. Chuck and Missy have made the decision to not have the SASS State Championships any longer.
Please join me in thanking them for a great 5 year run. We put on some of the most memorable State Championships in Florida.
It is now time for someone else to take over.
It has been my great privilege to have worked with some of the finest Cowboys that have ever drawn a pistol or paint brush. I have been one of the luckiest guys ever to have known and worked with you all and I have enjoyed every minute of our time together. SASS Cowboys a the best folks in the world.
THANK YOU ALL, IT HAS BEEN MEMORABLE
Happy Trails
Bill Bonney
Bill, Bard, the Mouse, Lil, Von Zipper and Scratch should be very proud of the event that they put on for the last few years. The amount of work that goes into the match is amazing. Hopefully some one else will step up.
Kingfish Dave

that's sad news....it wuz one of my top 5 "matches I HAFTA go to sumday" list.... :(

oh well....I kin hope that one of the other clubs takes over and puts on a really gud match so I kin have sumthing else ta put on that list....I'm not givin' up hope on shootin in Florida sumday! ;)

that's sad news....it wuz one of my top 5 "matches I HAFTA go to sumday" list.... :(

oh well....I kin hope that one of the other clubs takes over and puts on a really gud match so I kin have sumthing else ta put on that list....I'm not givin' up hope on shootin in Florida sumday! ;)

Try the Ides of March - the Lake County Pistoleros' annual. And if you come a week early, you can shoot the black powder regional at Fort White.

Kingfish Dave

I cannot tell you how much this sucks! The annual January pilgrimage to Florida is one of the highlights of my year. Loved attending Last Stand and thought it couldn't be done any better than that, then Cope and Lil Miss started the Seige and I was floored. It is a match that will be missed, big time!

Oh, and a big

THANK YOU!!!

to Cope and Lil Miss. I know how much work goes into one of these events and I also know you guys poured your heart and soul into the match. It showed in the quality of the match, the quality of the props, and the overall atmosphere on the range. Never had a bad day down there. Well, my shooting could have been better :P, but even at my worst, it was still the best.

Thanks again for your dedicated efforts and best of luck with your future endeavors.

Dogmeat Dad & Lil Feathers

I just got wind that Someone sent an email before it should have been sent. Yes we will not be holding the match this year but things are already in the works by a close group to have the match. Details were to go out in a post here and also an email next week. Me and Mis can't do the match here this year for a multitude of reasons, it sucks, but life throws things at you sometimes.

There will be a post in about a week that will let everyone know when where etc. Details are being worked out now.

Thanks to all and we are gonna miss y'all this year.

Cope and Mis

Cope, we sure do appreciate all the work done by everyone associated with the Seige over the years ya'll have hosted it. It is a first class shoot.

Kajun.

IIRC I was thinking of heading done to it before heading to as from sc after the new year guess it's strait back.

Well, you open a post hoping to get a little info on a match and POW, right in the kisser.

Florida State match is up for grabs. :(

Thanks for the fun St. Augie workers!

Waimea

Oh, and a big

THANK YOU!!!

to Cope and Lil Miss. I know how much work goes into one of these events and I also know you guys poured your heart and soul into the match. It showed in the quality of the match, the quality of the props, and the overall atmosphere on the range. Never had a bad day down there. Well, my shooting could have been better :P, but even at my worst, it was still the best.

Thanks again for your dedicated efforts and best of luck with your future endeavors.

Dogmeat Dad & Lil Feathers

Ditto for all of their hard work. I am disapointed but fully understand how this works. Hope another club picks it up soon and has it in January too!

Copenhagen, Missy, Bill, Mouse, Zipper and the entire crew always did an outstanding job. I never heard a discouraging word from anyone whoever attend their state match.

I want to personally thank them for all the dedication and devotion to our sport and the Florida State Match.

I pray for only the best for all on that super crew.

Again, thank you all very much for everything you did.

Man had a tuff day at work yesterday and then to find out that one of my favorite matches to shoot has been cancelled! :(

Well on a positive note. It has been a great match that they put on at The Siege! Thanks for a great match and some really fun times.

Cheatin'

Sorry to hear the Siege is no more. I was just researching campgrounds last week near St. Augustine so I could come shoot it next year. I've always heard good things about that match. Sorry I never got a chance to shoot it. I'll look for word on the location of the 2017 Florida State Championship. Hopefully someone will step up and fill the void.

Badlands Bob

I'm glad I had the opportunity to shoot "The Siege" this year and thank everyone again for a great match. I was looking forward to next years match and was considering making my reservation to secure my place in the "Parking Lot Posse".

MTC

As a veteran member of the parking lot posse I can assure you wherever the Florida State Match lands we will not be far behind.

You may show up unannounced.

Reservations are not required.

Waimea

1st Titusville, then Orlando, on to St. Augustine, now a new venue.

All I can say is I'm gettin' to know Florida pretty good!

So far all Florida state matches are well run and full of great shooters and friends.

Looking forward to the newest location.

Roo

Should be interesting !

AO

There was talk in Valdosta that You will have it. (Lake County Pistoleros)

I am hopeful it will be somewhere in Florida during the same time period as I already booked the time off. Sure hate to waste it lounging around doing nothing (Or having the Missus update her Honey-Do-List!)

If Arcadia and the Lake County Pistoleros run it, the Florida State Championship will continue to be one of the best matches in the nation.

Cass

If Arcadia and the Lake County Pistoleros run it, the Florida State Championship will continue to be one of the best matches in the nation.

Cass

Holding my breath.

Waimea

Holding my breath.

Waimea

I noticed how your pressure went up with each word! Hoss, ya needs ta breathe :D

Kajun

nah....I wanna see him turn pretty colors..... :D

that wud take a lonnnnngg time for Wiamia to turn anything related to pretty!!!!!

Archived