SASS Wire Forum

Verde Valler Range Wars

Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L

The Yavapai Ranger annual Verde Valley Range Wars is coming up next month on Sept. 23rd, 24th and 25th. We still have room for another 20 shooters, so if your interested in coming, please get your entries in ASAP.

The match is a three day 10 stage event, with plenty of non shooting fun to go along with 10 fast stages.

You can find an application at: yavapairangers.com.

Thanks for your consideration.

Johnny Meadows

• 2 weeks later...

One of the very finer shoots in the west -- small club but big fun and big time shooting...

I try to never miss it, but his year I have an appointment with an elk and will not be able to go :(

I even won the chili contest one year with "grandma's chili" (which I picked up at grandma's on my way to the shoot -- and, when I confessed, they could not find a tree tall enough to lift me off the ground :lol: The shoot is in the desert!! :lol: )

I'm looking forward to this match . I'm having some tests done at the Abq va hospital on the way. I still need some info on the area.

I plan on staying on the range along with everyone else. I need to stop before the range and top off or empty the holding tanks. I'll need propane, diesel and water close to the range along with a Rv park close by to the north. My plan is take 40 west until I hit the road to go south to camp verde. I know if you go to R the clubs website they give directions from the road to the range.

What I need to know is a Rv park prior to the turn off that I can spend a day or two at before moving to the range, also need a fuel stop where diesel is affordable close to the turn off coming from the north, lastly I'll need to fill up with propane I can do that as I leave ABQ on nine mile hill if there isn't a cheap place for propane in az.

Blackey,

There's a great RV park between Camp Verde & Cottonwood.

Here's the link: https://www.thousandtrails.com/arizona/verde-valley-rv-camping-resort/

DC

One of the very finer shoots in the west -- small club but big fun and big time shooting...

I try to never miss it, but his year I have an appointment with an elk and will not be able to go :(

I even won the chili contest one year with "grandma's chili" (which I picked up at grandma's on my way to the shoot -- and, when I confessed, they could not find a tree tall enough to lift me off the ground :lol: The shoot is in the desert!! :lol: )

Hold up a second! We all were told you got it at Wendy's!!

Organizers if you wish to put on a movie night I'll have a projector with me and my laptop or iPad and have s r real westerns in my iTunes collection. Just needs sound system and backdrop.

Archived