SASS Wire Forum

Cajon Cowboys Range Burns

Beartrap  SASS#57175

I'm very sorry to report that the Bluecut fire has over run our range. We haven't been able to get in to it yet for a complete assesment due to closures, so don't know the details of damage, but it doesn't look good. An overhead TV photo can be seen on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/cajoncowboys/

We're a resilient bunch and hope to be up and running soon. Will post details as they become available.

As bad as we feel about our range our hearts and prayers go out to those who have lost homes and more in this tragedy.

UPDATE: although we lost a lot, the office and the sea crate containing the timers, generator and other stuff needed to run a match was spared! We lost the other 2 sea crates, the quads, small props, building materials, all the outhouses and had lots of stage front damage.

It isn't definite yet but it looks like we may still be able to hold a match after lots of clean up. Thankfully, all the homes at the Gem Ranch were saved also! More pics on our facebook site.

I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear this....but I'm more concerned right now with the safety of all the SASS folks that live in the area....last report from Cliff Hanger over in the Saloon was yesterday afternoon, so if you hear from him or any others PLEASE let us know if they're ok....

and please post if there's anything the rest of us can do to help....prayers up for all affected by this....us pards here in Colorado know all too well how devastating those fires are.... :(:(

I am pretty sure the Bayou Bounty Hunters range at Amite,La was washed away. I have not heard from the Deadwood Marshalls at Sorrento, LA but the range is in a very low area. As long as we are all OK we count our blessings. Irish Pat

Cajun Cowboy members...

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your range, and hope that you are able to recover somewhere, somehow easily. Sadly, we Californians are not enjoying a fire-free summer - to say the least!

Although we're six hours north of you, the PRVC at Lazy Arrow range welcomes you and your members with open arms for a no-charge weekend if you all need a place to gather, meet, shoot, catch up, and whatever. Just let me know when - our range and our support is yours!!!

I know every cowboy and cowgirl out there is sending their best thoughts!!!

RR

According to the Cajon Cowboys, everything that wasn't dirt went up in flames.

They still have targets, berms, and I am sure they will have a bunch of cowboys at the next shoot!

Cowboys are tough!

From Facebook posted by Gail Hartman (Pasture Patti) :

about 1:00pm Thursday

======================

J.J. just called - had to go to range to open container for FD. ALL IS NOT LOST. We lost toilets and train and station and some other stuff - Smoke and Poppa Joe are gone but we will be OK. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS - I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY.

======================

Oh boy.... I'm SOOOOO sorry for you guys!!!

RR

Thanks

Looks like all the major bay props are still standing.

How are you making out, Cliff Hanger?

13939429_10205778721786632_2093229738684

My favorite stage at Cajon. We'll get it rebuilt!!!

How are you making out, Cliff Hanger?

I am doing okay.

Been lots of smoke but I am still 6 miles north of hwy 138 & hwy 2 where I can see flames over the hill top.

The winds shift a lot but mostly where I am the wind is blowing north north east which is toward Victorville.

If it were blowing straight north I might be in trouble.

There several cowboy shooters far closer and in the evacuation areas.

Some have posted elsewhere and have been back to their home which so far all had said they still have a home standing, which is great news.

I am doing okay.

Been lots of smoke but I am still 6 miles north of hwy 138 & hwy 2 where I can see flames over the hill top.

The winds shift a lot but mostly where I am the wind is blowing north north east which is toward Victorville.

If it were blowing straight north I might be in trouble.

There several cowboy shooters far closer and in the evacuation areas.

Some have posted elsewhere and have been back to their home which so far all had said they still have a home standing, which is great news.

That's great news. Stay safe.

So sorry to hear about this. If your club establishes a go fund me site I'm sure many Cowboys and cowgirls will come through to help get the range up and going. I know many at the Chorro valley regulators have been talking about how to help and incorrigible had the go find me site idea which is a great one.

Archived