SASS Wire Forum

****NEWS FLASH***** Kansas BP Championship **Update 12-18-16**

Major Art Tillery

*******NEWS FLASH********

The Butterfield Gulch Gang will once again bring you the Kansas Black Powder Championship for 2017. Dates for this great match will be. May 5th, 6th, & 7th of 2017. SO PLEASE MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND & BRING YOUR FRIENDS!

Will be posting more as more information becomes available. Stay tuned!!!

**Update 12-18-16**

Entry forums can now be found on our website. http://butterfieldgulch.com/matchinfo.html

Please get signed up, your not going to want to miss it!

Edited by Major Art Tillery
Title

You have at least two...Yourself and the one in the mirror....

TL

What happens if he hates himself?

You have at least two...Yourself and the one in the mirror....

TL

That feller in the mirror is a whole lot older than I am.

Heard great things about this match. Gonna keep it in mind for sure.

It's on my must attend calendar.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I attended for the first time this year. Hoping I can return in 2017.

You will not find any club that tries harder to make sure you have fun!

:D

Would love to have you and Buick join us Calico Mary... We will offer both a Black Powder Match and also a Smokeless match rolled in one great weekend! (Scored separatly, but both with awards)

actually I wuz sayin' no ta Grizz havin' friends..... ;) tha match I'll think about....Kansas ain't tuu far and it sounds like fun....will hafta see how tha budget is holdin' up when it gits a little closer....

actually I wuz sayin' no ta Grizz havin' friends..... ;) tha match I'll think about....Kansas ain't tuu far and it sounds like fun....will hafta see how tha budget is holdin' up when it gits a little closer....

You guys won't regret this match. I love this group and match

Glad to see so much interest for our BP Match! Can't wait to shoot with all you fellas.

I am hoping all them Cap N Ball shooters make it again... This past year we had 9 of them. It was really fun to watch them shoot. :)

Edited by Major Art Tillery

If you shoot Frontiersman and want some competition. This shoot if for you. I bet this will be the biggest class again next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 15 shooters shooting Frontiersman. I know 3 guys that went out and bought new pistols just for this catagory after watching us this year.

But no matter what catagory you shoot this group of cowboys do it right. You won't regret this shoot. Hope to see you there.

Deacon Stone

If you shoot Frontiersman and want some competition. This shoot if for you. I bet this will be the biggest class again next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 15 shooters shooting Frontiersman. I know 3 guys that went out and bought new pistols just for this catagory after watching us this year.

But no matter what catagory you shoot this group of cowboys do it right. You won't regret this shoot. Hope to see you there.

Deacon Stone

Yeah I also purchased a pair of 51 navy's in 36 cal. They still have to be shortened to 5" and slicked up but they will be ready in a few weeks. Now if work will just slow down so I can shoot that would be wonderful.

This Cap & ball Senior Gunfighter just put this on my calendar. Kitty and I had a great time this year.

Cap and Ball gunfighter is the only way to roll!!

Im gonna put this match on my radar for next year.

Long range and side matches on friday the 5th. main match saturday and sunday 6 stages each, depending on mother nature. Banquet and side match awards saturday night at Elks lodge in Abilene.

I hear Major is gonna be shootin' cap and ball guns this match.

Any truth to this rumor?

Being that he's Major he'll probably be totin' Walkers or Dragoons. :)

Long range and side matches on friday the 5th. main match saturday and sunday 6 stages each, depending on mother nature. Banquet and side match awards saturday night at Elks lodge in Abilene.

Hey Dawg, what time ya figure to be done Sunday afternoon? I mean awards and everything done? Trying to cypher if'n I would want to get started home or what.

I test fired my new to me ROA's this afternoon. I was a little bummed about 10-15 mph wind. The smoke cleared way too soon. The new hammers from Boomstick made them a whole lot easier to manage. I gotta do something about the stock 25lb hammer springs.

As it has been already said, frontiersman is going to be huge. Can't wait. I'll have my 2017 schedule soon. I sure hope I can make it.