SASS Wire Forum

Have you ever forgotten to.......

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

shoot a firearm on a stage,, now I have..

stage,,, rifle shotgun, pistols

fourth shot in rifle won't chamber,, spent case stuck in chamber, take screwdriver and after a long time remove split case and start to shoot rifle again, and take a P for messing up sequence,,, put rifle down and blaze away with pistols, thinking I'm done, and quite frustrated by now I holster and hang my head looking at the rifle, hearing shouts of shotgun shotgun I figure people are messing with me..because I knew I had already shot it... after what seemed like an eternity I finally looked downrange a the four sg targets all standing,, and a belt full of shells,, by the the switch had turned off... I was done sigh, not only toasted but fried!!!!

a 79 and change,,,

still managed 18th overall, and guess what number shooter was called as the winner of a Dillon 650... 18!!

two years in a row I've won a 650 at Guns of August!!

takes the sting out of forgetting to shoot my shotgun...

Sometimes it just pays to show up. Congratulations.

How often do the wheels fall off.............. then jump right back on?! :lol:

Congrats on the loader. Sounds like you had an overall good time, with one heck of a camp fire story. :)

Didn't forget it completely, but forgot to finish. Stage had a six plate rack and a dump target for any rounds remaining after clearing the rack. I blazed through the rack and knocked down all six with my first six rounds. Dropped the rifle and moved on to the other guns. After I was done and very proud of myself I heard the entire posse screaming to finish the rifle. What? I already cleaned the plates. Oops. :wacko:

Well, first of all; congratulations on winning the 650!

And, to sort of answer your question, no I haven't forgotten to "shoot" a particular firearm on a stage (that I can recall anyways). BUT, I have forgotten to load a firearm... That's awkward... :wacko:

Twice in a row you won a 650???? Hey, what's going on here???? :P:P

Right? The fix is in for sure.

I wear a bandoleer. Sometimes I take it off between stages, usually if I'm helping reset targets, but usually I leave it on. One time I took it off and left it on my cart. I was blazing through the stage clean, which is rare for me, and I was feeling pretty good with myself until I reached for shells that weren't there. I had no idea what to do, so I reached down and grabbed a handful of gravel and tossed it at the shotgun target and said "bang". We all got a laugh out of that one.

Ummm, I forgot the question.

The question was where's my $20.00 finder fee for hooking you up with Dawg to buy your Colts????? :P

The question was where's my $20.00 finder fee for hooking you up with Dawg to buy your Colts????? :P

He said he took care of that. :)

Or was it, he took care of you? Not sure.

Congregations :-)

He said he took care of that. :)

Or was it, he took care of you? Not sure.

Yea he owes me $20.00 too!!! :)

Yea he owes me $20.00 too!!! :)

and yur still supposed to tune our piano!!! give you $20!!

I forgot my pistols at our local match. I was trying to remember to bring the timer, score sheets, money bag and all my stuff and left my pistols on the kitchen table. The best part is a friend loaned me a pair of 33/20 pistols and a I shot a clean match. I tried to buy them but he wasn't selling! Irish Pat

Well Now Purdy Boy (can I call you that?) Since that 2nd 650 is going to remind you of that terrible mistake you made on that stage every time you look at it .I'm willing to take it off your hands for the cost of actual shipping to me.I just know that you will feel so much better about yourself not being reminded of that awful stage in years to come that I make this offer to you.Hopefully you will be able to put this all behind you in short order.PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Your Pard, Major E.A. Sterner

Archived