SASS Wire Forum

Need Some Prayers, Please. 8/25/16 Final Update - Posted as a post, not an edit.

Subdeacon Joe

Tough situation. I was there with my father and had to make the "Turn Off" decision.

That funny crunching sound you heard was me going back down on my Prayer Bones.

Today is Gabe's 36th birthday. We gathered as a family at the hospital. Laura, Peggy, Michael, Judy and Annie, Albert and Carlene, and Esther Carr. Gabe's nurse today has been John. Also on 9ICU in the adjacent area have been Joe and Tricia. Selena has been the charge nurse yesterday and today. Trina from yesterday has been in and out as well.

Esther chanted from the psalter as we sat quietly with Gabe. My siblings and sister-in-law stayed at Gabe's bedside until almost the end. He reposed at about 2:40pm as Esther chanted, and she then read the prayer for the departed. We are sitting with Gabe for a while longer and will both go home tonight.

The following message was posted on our parish listserv at 3:02 this afternoon:

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Our dear brother Gabriel Griovski fell asleep in the Lord just a few moments ago. Please keep him in your prayers. At the conclusion of the divine liturgy tomorrow morning we will sing a Panikhida, and again on Saturday at 4:30 PM, before the Vespers.

When funeral arrangements are finalized I will post here. The funeral will be Tuesday.

Thanks to all for your love and prayers.

Memory eternal,

Father Lawrence

My wife and I both posted to Caring Bridge, commenting on that last post:

Joe
A fine young man has joined the "cloud of witnesses." I was honored to know him and to be able to call him a friend, and more than a friend. He was family. I have lost a brother.

Bobbi, Petar, I will mourn his passing along with you, and praise God in the certainty that he is now in Heaven.

The fortitude you have shown through this is amazing and an inspiration.

Lisa
Bobbi and Petar, my heart goes out to you both. Gabe was a joy to know and I will miss him. I pray that God will give you comfort in this time of loss, and know that Gabe is safe in His arms.

I thank you all for your prayers and support.

I've spent a lot of time the past few days thinking on all the hours during Holy Week, and especially Holy Friday evening, I was with Gabe in the kitchen. Baking bread, making soup. He started out as "one of the kids in the parish" but by the time he, and others, were in their mid-teens they were no longer "kids." They were equals. Maybe not as experienced, but equals.

May his family find peace and comfort, and joy in remembering his life.

"... he has joined the cloud of witnesses."

I like that.

Man comes forth like a flower, and is cut down, he flees like a shadow.

Here is a lesson, my friends: let me do what good I may, today, while I draw breath, for tomorrow is not guaranteed.

May God comfort family and friends and all who knew him.

"... he has joined the cloud of witnesses."

I like that.

Man comes forth like a flower, and is cut down, he flees like a shadow.

Here is a lesson, my friends: let me do what good I may, today, while I draw breath, for tomorrow is not guaranteed.

May God comfort family and friends and all who knew him.

Amen to that.

Prayers sent for Gabe and family.

I feel their pain. If not for the God inspired folks at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, my oldest brother, Bluewater Ringer, would not still be with us. They were guided by God in dealing with his liver transplant and the multitude of issues over the 3 years it took for BR's transplant to happen.

His obit:

Gabriel Joseph GRIOVSKI (1980 - 2016)

GRIOVSKI, Gabriel Joseph Gabe was born in Skopje, Macedonia on August 25, 1980 and passed away on his 36th birthday in San Francisco surrounded by his loving family. Devoted son of Bobbi and Petar Griovski of Petaluma. Survived by his St. Seraphim Orthodox Church family and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins in CA and Europe. Gabe was lovingly adopted by Bobbi and Petar at the young age of five weeks old. He graduated from Petaluma High School, SRJC and received his BA in Viticulture from Cal Poly. While at the JC, he was a member of Rich Thomas' Vit Pit and was an officer of the Ag Ambassadors. During his tenure at Cal Poly, Gabe was an officer of Vines to Wines, managed the Cal Poly vineyard for over three years, and supervised viticulture enterprise students. Outside of school and work, he enjoyed being a part of his church, his country music and was ever the cook and grill master. Gabe was a nurturer and loved taking care of others. He was a wonderful man; he will be greatly missed. Friends and family are invited to the Divine Liturgy for the Feast of St. John the Baptist with Memorial Prayers on Monday, August 29, 2016 at 9:00 am and the Panikhida (memorial hymns) at 6:00 pm at the St. Seraphim Orthodox Church, 90 Mountain View Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95407. A Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 11:00 am at the Church with interment to follow at Oak Mound Cemetery, 651 Piper St., Healdsburg. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Seraphim Orthodox Church.

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pressdemocrat/obituary.aspx?n=gabriel-joseph-griovski&pid=181204148&fhid=18264#sthash.PQZOQUCG.dpuf

2752501_1_20160828.jpg

He sounds like someone that a person would like to know and be around.

My God shine on him forever.

He was. Polite, helpful. Even when being pulled 10 different directions he managed to keep a good humor.

Archived