SASS Wire Forum

I got one! I finally got one!

Dorado

I found some factory loaded ammunition. The American Eagle brand. If I'm not mistaken it's made by Federal. Nearly $30 for 20. I'm not buying it again. But I was able to test fire my M1. It works beautifully! Recoil wasn't near as bad as what I thought it'd be. Out of my non-CAS or 22. rifles it kicks the least. I found it to be very manageable. And I even got to hear a most wondrous sound. PING!! My god! How beautiful! I'm in love! I now have a new favorite gun.

Now all I need is reloading supplies. I'm going to have to wait though. I'm near broke and so I have to wait for more funding... :(

Would CCI primers be too soft for the M1? I ask as I have a new full brick that I hardly use.

Need More En Blocs!!!!!

Google "Master Po's reloading M1... and or check out this forum http://m14forum.com/steel-wood/70696-garand-reloading-data.html

Master Po's loads are a little hot for the Garand. Several others have made the same comment

on other threads. Use at your own risk.

Dorado, I sent you a PM.

I need a cheap source of bullets. I'd like to cast them if possible. I could possibly add a lot of tin to my lead and harden it. With gas checks it might be fine. Otherwise I'll have to find some bulk bullets. Powder, primers, brass, easy and cheap enough. bullets...expensive.

Dorado, you don't want to shoot lead bullets in a gas operated semi auto!

Yeah, you can probably tell my experience with gas operated guns with my last post. In fact this is my first one. This is my only semi-auto rifle other than my .22.

Kulshan is correct. There are some that claim to do so, but I doubt that it is as successful as they claim.

Look at it this way, you spent a bit on the rifle, don't squander it on cheap and problematic ammunition.

Best to save your pennies and purchase what works each and every time. Correct components are

not all that expensive.

I'll give you another bit of advice.

Don't shoot corrosive ammo in it.

Yes, I know that they fought the entire war with corrosive ammo, but when the gas system was so rusted up the gun would no longer work, they took it to the battalion armorer for repair, and drew a new gun.

Will you be able to do that?

Thanks for link Alpo. I've never heard of Wideners. If my check comes in sometime soon I may order some.

The best rifle ever made deserves the best ammo you can get.

The best rifle ever made deserves the best ammo you can get.

Yeah, I know. But bullets are expensive. I can blow through a couple of hundred like nothing. I've got some money coming my way that I'll use for reloading supplies. I need dies, powder, and projectiles. I have everything else.

Yeah, I know. But bullets are expensive. I can blow through a couple of hundred like nothing. I've got some money coming my way that I'll use for reloading supplies. I need dies, powder, and projectiles. I have everything else.

Handloads are what I consider the best ammo you can get.

Hey quick question. I bought the butt stock cleaning kit. How is that thing suppose to go in there? It has a rubberized canvas case and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Thanks Alpo. I was completely wrong trying to figure it out on my own.

Archived