SASS Wire Forum

Hollywood at its best

Amarillo Rattler

Find "Paint Your Wagon" on your favorite channel.

Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood and Jean Seberg in the best musical/comedy 49er's ever!!!!

Had me and Chey Chey skipping supper.

Amarillo Rattler

You been hittin' the bottle again, Rattler?

I ain't seen it in quite some time but I think the last time I did I swore off Western musicals for life.

Waimea

I'm with you Rattler.

I love that film!

Thought to late to grab Ben Rumson as my alias!

" And where, HAHA, was your horse?"

--Dawg

That & "Cat Ballou" were two of Lee Marvin's finest. Forgive me for mentioning a movie with Hanoi Jane, please.

Yep....My favorite piece of trivia about Cat Ballou:

The film's horse trainer told Elliot Silverstein that the scene where a horse leans against a wall with its front legs crossed could not be shot because horses don't cross their legs, then that it might be possible if he had a couple of days. Silverstein invoked his rank as director and gave him an hour. The trainer plied the horse with sugar cubes while repeatedly pushing its leg into position, and they were able to get the shot.

I think his portrayal of Liberty Valance was also one of his best performances. The best bad guy I've ever seen in a film.

--Dawg

I loved the song Mariah by Harve Presnell.

Yusta you are forgiven this one time for using that name.

S. Floyd

Thanks pard - it's just that Lee was so dang great.

The local theater group is currently doing 1776, I'm wanting to see Hamilton but disagree with the writers use of actors for prominent historical characters

Watching Clint "sing?" Was possibly the most painful thing I have ever seen in a western movie!

I thought both sounded appropriate for 19th century gold miners. They weren't portraying recording artists.... Just my view ....

Interviewed on NPR, Marvin said that the song (Wand'rin Star) was a hit in Australia, and someone there described it as, "The first 33⅓ recorded at 45."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived