SASS Wire Forum

IWI TAVOR RIFLE

Chief Rick

I have one and really enjoy it. While it's a little on the heavy side it balances well. I would, however recommend replacing the stock trigger with one of the aftermarket versions. There are two versions of the Tavor, the SAR which you pictured and the X95 which basically has a different forearm and more of an AR style magazine release.

Acts and feels like an SBR without the tax stamp.

Guys I know that use them love them. Factory trigger needs help though.

I have one. Its fun. The trigger change is money well spent. (unless you get the X95 which is better) I converted mine to left hand operation.

My only trouble right now is overgassing when I run my suppressor.

I have the SAR version with full top rail as in the OP photo. There is a set of back-up iron sights in the rail. For sights, I'm running an EOTech 512 with an EOTech 3x magnifier. I replaced the stock trigger with geissele trigger pack. For me, my Tavor is a 1.5-2 MOA gun and it has worked well for me in the couple of 3gun matches I have used it in. If you are looking for a gun to shoot small groups from a bench, the Tavor, along with many of the currently available bullpups, is not your best choice, but its an excellent "run and gun" platform.

I've recently picked up a Meprolight M21 with bulls-eye reticle.

Looking at online dealers/brokers, it appears the SAR is going for pretty close to MSRP when it can be found. Keesler AFB BX has the 18" barrel FD18 for a little less than MSRP.

The Geissele trigger seems to be most recommended and is readily available.

I've recently picked up a Meprolight M21 with bulls-eye reticle.

Looking at online dealers/brokers, it appears the SAR is going for pretty close to MSRP when it can be found. Keesler AFB BX has the 18" barrel FD18 for a little less than MSRP.

The Geissele trigger seems to be most recommended and is readily available.

I LOVE my Mepro 21 (bull's-eye) on my Colt Ar-15 A3.

AR_zpsn7udy3ut.png

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I think they are very cool and well designed, I just don't like the feel of a bullpup. Shorter guns just aren't comfortable for me. Even my 73 is a full length rifle and not one of the shorter versions. But if it feels good on your shoulder and you're looking for a new toy, I don't think you will be unhappy.

Archived