SASS Wire Forum

New Gun Cart Plans

I have finished the plans for my latest version of my "Rough Rider" gun cart.

This easy to build cart holds 6 guns.

Some history. In the past, I made my plans available to be downloaded on any Cowboy Website. This was a mistake. Others took the plans and "stole" them, claiming them as their own and selling them. To combat that I have copyrighted the plans.

They are available in printed format at http://www.lulu.com/shop/david-steier/rough-rider-6-gun-cart/paperback/product-22813013.html(I make a whopping $2 a copy), or if you PM me your email address I will send you a link to download a .PDF copy free. Note that the link will only be good for 2 weeks, so go and download them quick.

Pictures:

DSCN4970.jpg

DSCN4971.jpg

DSCN4972.jpg

Nice cart Pard:-)

Rolan,

Good looking cart. Nout sure I'll ever need a 6 gun model. But I've got a question. Is it rigid, or does it break down to smaller format in some way?

Regards

Capt RHK

Nice cart but I really like my rugged cart for several reasons two that come to off the hat are no tilting it to move it so it's easier on my back second is I can tow it behind my utv.

Rolan,

Good looking cart. Nout sure I'll ever need a 6 gun model. But I've got a question. Is it rigid, or does it break down to smaller format in some way?

Regards

Capt RHK

Howdy Cap, the ammo box/seat comes out and the unit folds flat. I have both a 5 gun Rough Rider and a 3 gun Fort White folder, both great carts and easy to transport in a little Rav 4. Both of mine have a small tray up top bout wide enough for soda in a coozie, and I use soft Igloo coolers as ammo boxes. If you go that route just remember the wood ammo box is a seat and a counter weight if you have an umbrella. I set a 12 pack flip top Igloo with drinks and nabs behind my ammo to counter weight mine......using a good vented umbrella mine has never flipped. Thanks Rolan for all you do for the sport.....the man is always thinking ;) ......Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Rolan,

Regards

Capt RHK

Captain,

You remove the front box, then

You undo these two latches (see below) and the top folds down onto the base.

If you need it even smaller, you can unscrew the front legs and pop off the wheels.

All done in minutes without any tools.

DSCN4968.jpg

Rolan,

Nice looking cart. I too build my own carts and I really like the looks of your handles. Do you make them, and if not, where do you get them?

Thanks

Rolan,

Nice looking cart. I too build my own carts and I really like the looks of your handles. Do you make them, and if not, where do you get them?

Thanks

Jeb,

I get them off eBay. Just search "Plow Handles". They are nice.

Feel free to include it in the plans. It's a very useful addition!

Thanks HD. I'm going to document them and get them included in the plans.

Can you PM me the dimensions of your ammo box and the bustle box?

Thanks,

Duffield

Duffield,

You can really make them any size you want. I can tell you that if you make the back box (Bustle box, key box, whatever you want to call it) too big it will get back heavy and you'll have to make sure you weigh down the front (ask me how I know).

My key box measures 16½” by 8” by 5 ½” tall

Front box 16 3/8" by 8 1/8" wide by 14" tall

I just uploaded a new version that includes the pistol rack.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/david-steier/rough-rider-6-gun-cart/paperback/product-22813013.html

Rolan,

Thanks for the dimensions. I am going to make the MK II version of my gun cart (which is very similar to yours but does not use plow handles) this winter.

My front boxes have always been a bit longer front to back and lower in height than yours. I have encountered the phenomena of the overloaded bustle rack myself.

It only takes one time to make a fellow cautious.

Your generosity in sharing your plans is very commendable.

Duffield

Roland,

Thanks for the dimensions. I am going to make the MK II version of my gun cart (which is very similar to yours but does not use plow handles) this winter.

My front boxes have always been a bit longer front to back and lower in height than yours. I have encountered the phenomena of the overloaded bustle rack myself.

It only takes one time to make a fellow cautious.

Your generosity in sharing your plans is very commendable.

Duffield

Duffield,

You might want to lengthen the cart by an inch or two to compensate. But I warn you, the front box is heavy when loaded up!

Yes, the principal defect in the MK I is that the cart is too short. I limited that dimension by the way that I built the rack for the barrels. I plan on re-engineering to be like the one in your cart, leaving space by the frame rails for the horizontal part to fold up and be flush with the vertical rails.

Duffield

So, is the red thong in the background an optional accessory?

Yes, that was from our "Monty Python meets Bonanza" match.

She was one of the "Naughty girls" from "Ft. Anthrax" who needed a good Spanking! We have some interesting matches.

DSCN4999.jpg

Video

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Rolan_Kraps/media/Piedmont%20regulators/July%202016%20Monty%20Python%20meets%20Bonanza/DSCN4995.mp4.html

Rolan,

Checking out your videos, I would have to say: "YES"... you do have some interesting matches! :o

I'm not even going to ask who's gun cart the blow-up naughty girl came out of! :blink:

Archived