SASS Wire Forum

Cap and Ball dream comes true

Deacon Stone Sass#58681

A month or so ago I posted the following picture with a couple of 51 civilians used to show off the stands I built. I tried selling them s couple of years back. I'm sure glad I didn't.

image.jpeg

I found something I thought I might really like. Snubbies. I found the man that I was told could do the work of he'd be willing to take on some new work and so I contacted him and he said yes. Not sure what I was going to get for sure I sent them to him. Told him I was in no hurry. I figure two or three months. Turned out to be two weeks and I have something to be really proud of.

image_3.jpeg

In the mean time I bought a pair of Longhunter 51's with 5" barrels with all the works. And received them in two weeks. Now I have a big problem. Which pair to shoot. I've shot ROA for over 5 years. And they have never let me down and until now I never thought I'd fined anything as reliable and now I have two sets. What a dream.

image_2.jpeg

I like Longhunter's pistols but fell in love with these snubbies. These are amazing and I can't imagine shooting anything else. But it's a good problem to have. A great set of ROA, a great set of Longhunter's great work and an amazing set of snubbies that where done by a true cowboy who really understands what this sports all about. Did I say these guns are amazing. I truly don't know which pair to shoot but I love the look and feel of the snubbies. I would love to give shout out to the cowboy that did the amazing work on these's snubbies, and some of you will know his work. But I'm not sure how much more work he wants. I heard he was going to take a ball bat to Dawg for telling me about him. Lol. But man he does great work.

Did I say I love theses snubbies.

image_3.jpeg

Nice shootin' irons Deacon!

Welcome to the wonderful world of snubbies.

My "Avenging Angels" are my favorite guns!

Proud owner/user of 10 of 'em!

--Dawg

Longhunter's comes with the Manhattan. The snubbies did the post and another smith that I had a lot of problems with did the post as well. All three in regards to post or the Manhattan work great. I'm happy with either way at this time. Only time will tell which is better but I think they both work fine.

Thanks Abiline Slim for clearing that up for me.

Longhunter's comes with the Manhattan. The snubbies did the post and another smith that I had a lot of problems with did the post as well. All three in regards to post or the Manhattan work great. I'm happy with either way at this time. Only time will tell which is better but I think they both work fine.

Thanks Abiline Slim for clearing that up for me.

I assume your experience with the "other smith" was the same as mine?

Deacon,

Bring all those BP pistols down in October to Tulsey Town and shoot The Sass Oklahoma State Black Powder Championships. 3 days of an all Black Powder (no smokeless) match. I love those stands. Need a pair for my Rogers and Spencers I want displayed in my office.

Rev

Deacon,

Bring all those BP pistols down in October to Tulsey Town and shoot The Sass Oklahoma State Black Powder Championships. 3 days of an all Black Powder (no smokeless) match. I love those stands. Need a pair for my Rogers and Spencers I want displayed in my office.

Rev

I would be happy to make a set but not sure of the design for the stand on that pistol. If it's the same as the 51 or 61 then I can do it.

Also would love to shoot that shoot but to many cools in the fire at this time.

You are correct Noz. Not a good deal. The guns are okay but nothing like Longhunter's. They are really nice. Not cheap but nice. And my Snubbies are just as good if not better.

I wish mine had been OK.

I have a pair of Uberti '60 super shorties from PD several years back and really like them. Mine started out as sixty models and I recently removed the grip frames and replaced them with a pair of SAA birdshead grips and frames and now they really rock and roll one handed. Lost my old web site or I would post a photo. I really love anything thet ole PD passes down, all the bells and whistles have been added.

Archived