SASS Wire Forum

The Schoolmarm 'n' Blackwater One Lap Of America Tour

Blackwater 53393

We stayed at Schoolmarm's uncles place for a couple nights and left early this morning for Tacoma and the LeMay automotive museum. The gearhead in me has to be sated often!!!

We are now more than halfway across Oregon on our way to the Bonneville Salt Flats and the final day of speed trials. Then it's on to Monument Valley!!

Thanks again to everyone who has welcomed us into their homes and made our journey so much more special!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should note that Schoolmarm and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary yesterday afternoon.

I can't believe I've put up with her that long!!!

I had cherry pie and she had chocolate cream!!!

Keep stroking, Boy. One of these days you chillun will catch up.

Noz!! You DO make a feller feel young!! Hope to see you 'n' Miss Lorrie at BAC!!

p.s. I hope we take a long long time to catch up with the two of you!!!

Noz!! You DO make a feller feel young!! Hope to see you 'n' Miss Lorrie at BAC!!

p.s. I hope we take a long long time to catch up with the two of you!!!

It'll take you a while since we's leading by 15 and got no desire to quit.

It'll take you a while since we's leading by 15 and got no desire to quit.

That's what I wanted to hear!!!

Congratulations to you and my sympathy to Schoolmarm.

How come you didn't mention it while you wuz here. I figure Schoolmarm would have

bopped you upside of the haid if you had. She is such a lady. Much too good for

the likes of you. :D

You folks made a great impression on Miz Badger. She doesn't pay much attention

to what I do until I get to talking shooting and fishing. Then she tunes me out completely.

But I couldn't get her to shut up about what great folks you two are. :)

Come back again and we will celebrate your milestone.

Congratulations to you and my sympathy to Schoolmarm.

How come you didn't mention it while you wuz here. I figure Schoolmarm would have

bopped you upside of the haid if you had. She is such a lady. Much too good for

the likes of you. :D

You folks made a great impression on Miz Badger. She doesn't pay much attention

to what I do until I get to talking shooting and fishing. Then she tunes me out completely.

But I couldn't get her to shut up about what great folks you two are. :)

Come back again and we will celebrate your milestone.

You two were great hosts! We'll make a point of visiting again soon!!!

We made it to the Bonneville Salt Flats today. I'd almost forgotten how truly desolate that patch of the earth really is!!

It was late in the day and the wind was up, so we didn't get to see but a few record attempts. On Friday, the great Mickey Thompson's son took a refurbished Mickey Thompson Special to a new one way record of 411 mph. He then backed it up with a 402 mph pass in the opposite direction for a two way average of just under 407. This is a four engine, piston driven, wheel driven, (NOT A JET OR ROCKET) car.

Sad to say, we can't stay for more, but Monument Valley calls and that's another 501 miles tomorrow.

Monument Valley is on our bucket list! We were not able to make it last year when we shot Bordertown. Take lot's of pictures!

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Got all the way across the state of Utah diagonally and right up to the gates of Monument Valley but it was late and they only take cash, so we'll be going back in the morning. Ain't tellin' how far we had to drive to find a room!!!

Already have over 4,000 miles in the new ride and nearly 5,000 on the whole journey!! Still more than a week to go!! When we get out of the valley tomorrow, LOOK OUT FORTY ROD!!! YOU'RE OUR NEXT VICTIM!!!

Big time in the Monument Valley! One more bucket list item to cross off!!!

Got to Forty Rod's place without incedent. Already been out to dinner and about to bed down. Gonna' see the sights tomorrow and get a good visit in. Prescott Valley is nice!!

We're still hanging out at Forty's place! What a MOST EXCELENT host!! He led us over to Prescott yesterday for a little sight seeing and a tour of the town square. They're dog friendly, even in some of the saloons.

We've entertained each other and broken bread, and pizza crust, with each other.

Jezebel has made a new friend! Trinket, Forty's little dog and Jezzy get along splendidly. Trinket even gave Jezzy one of her chew toys! Come to think on it some, I reckon our touring canine has befriended our host as well!!

We're going down to pester Birdgun Quail and his sweetheart later today. He has promissed to take me over to the Tombstone club for their monthly match tomorrow and is planning a big cookout for this evening.

Thanks, Allie! Your good wishes and those of others' have made this trip a marvelous undertaking. Even the Honda fiasco is now humorous in retrospect!!!

We're still hanging out at Forty's place! What a MOST EXCELENT host!! He led us over to Prescott yesterday for a little sight seeing and a tour of the town square. They're dog friendly, even in some of the saloons.

We've entertained each other and broken bread, and pizza crust, with each other.

Jezebel has made a new friend! Trinket, Forty's little dog and Jezzy get along splendidly. Trinket even gave Jezzy one of her chew toys! Come to think on it some, I reckon our touring canine has befriended our host as well!!

We're going down to pester Birdgun Quail and his sweetheart later today. He has promissed to take me over to the Tombstone club for their monthly match tomorrow and is planning a big cookout for this evening.

Thanks, Allie! Your good wishes and those of others' have made this trip a marvelous undertaking. Even the Honda fiasco is now humorous in retrospect!!!

Left here about 11:00. Good, GOOD time while they were here.

Hope they see fit to come again.

All settled in in Southern Arizona! Spent a great evening with Birdgun Quail and his lovely spouse. She made a great salad, went out and bought SWEET TEA especially for me, and made a fine dessert for when the sun was going down. My ol' pard, Birdgun, grilled up some fabulous steaks that I could NOT eat all of and some chicken for Schoolmarm!!! All together, another Wonderful evening!!

In the morning, we'll head down to Tombstone to shoot some Cowboy Action with what is another new club for me!! I wish I could shoot more on this trip, but this was meant to be a celebration of Schoolmarm's retirement.

We're making that happen!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE BIRDGUN QUAIL COULD MISS 20 ON ONE STAGE???

He shot the pistol targets with the rifle and then I guess he figured, "Why not shoot the rifle targets with pistols!!"

We laughed 'til we were out of breath!!!

Los Vaqueros are great hosts!! Six great stages, a fabulous posse, great weather, and just plain fun!!

Birdgun took me over to Tombstone for a little tourism and some lunch! We even visited Boot Hill.

Now I'm resting up a little before a possible dinner out with Tweety and his lovely wife.

Dishwater is right. I didn't hit two targets, but was assessed 20 misses. Not only have I never seen anybody get 20 misses on a single stage; I've never even heard of it!! Well, ahh...., I was the host and was just making sure Dishwater had a higher score then mine. :rolleyes: I know y'all understand. Bless my heart. :D

What a joy it was to spend time with Blackwater and his precious wife, Schoolmarm. Loved getting to shoot with Blackwater again; a man I first shot with over 11 years ago when I started CAS. There's not a finer man than Blackwater. He hasn't ever met a stranger and the Los Vaqueros treated him like a long lost old friend. He's a man I'm so proud to call Blackwater "My Ol' Pard."

Off to San Diego tomorrow! Yul! I don't know what time we'll get into town. We WOULD like to see you! I'll call when we get close.

Uh Oh!! Get yer feet wet and head north, quick.

SO!! We got to stop for a while and share a big glass of iced tea with Yul Lose!! He's got a great dog, Charley, and after a few minutes Charley and Jezzie were friends! Another friend I'd never met to ad to the list of firm handshakes and a look eye to eye!!

More later. ON TO VEGAS!!!!

SO!! We got to stop for a while and share a big glass of iced tea with Yul Lose!! He's got a great dog, Charley, and after a few minutes Charley and Jezzie were friends! Another friend I'd never met to ad to the list of firm handshakes and a look eye to eye!!

More later. ON TO VEGAS!!!!

Schoolmarm and Blackwater the pleasure was all mine. I appreciate you three taking the time to visit and hope the rest of your trip is a fun and safe one. If any of you pards ever have the chance to visit with these two you won't be sorry. We probably could have talked for hours and hours more. Watch out Vegas!!!

Dishwater, afore ya roll into Lost Wages just remember the golden nugget yore banker never toldja, the easiest way to double yore money is to fold it in half and put it back in ya coverhalls.

Kajun

Archived