SASS Wire Forum

The Schoolmarm 'n' Blackwater One Lap Of America Tour

Blackwater 53393

Over halfway to Denver, rolling along at a liesurely pace with Schoolmarm driving for the first time. We left Granny and Hoss amid huggs and handshakes about 7:00 this morning and had to make sure Jezebel was in the car. That dern dog made herself totally at home at their house and Granny said she could stay as long as she wanted. WE were invited back anytime, provided we bring the dog!!!

Hoss and Granny are close to my heart!

NOW!! On to Denver

Thanks everybody for the good wishes. We're enjoying the advanture again!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cali!! We're settled in and 'bout to grab some Zs! Gonna' do a little sight seeing tomorrow,(Eisenhower Pass, maybe pass through Vail) and then head back into Denver. We can figure out what time to hook up tomorrow afternoon.

Will do, Grump! How ya bees?

I cud stand ta grab a few more Zs.....had fun this weekend, but it wuz brutal.....walkin' on tha side of a mountain in cowboy boots fer 2 days wit a sore toe taint tha best ideer..... :unsure::unsure:

Yeah!!! The things we do to ourselves to have fun! Go figure

We have often rented for a road trip as well, no problem crossing state lines, they just want to know where you are going to return the car to, one way costs more. Make sure to make sure the contract is for unlimited miles.

Since we bought the wife a new mammy van last fall we will probably take it for a while, kinda used the cost of renting for the few trips we have planned to justify replacing her old mammy van that had two tires in the salvage yard and the other two falling off.

Cali and Grizz!! We'll see you in a little bit.

Badger!! Schoolmarm says for you to put the pot on for Friday afternoon. We'll be wishing Ms. Badger well too!

Great visit with Blackwater and School Marm! I reckon we'd have talked all night if'n we didn't all have lots to do tomorrow, some of us werk, and them two lots of miles to log.

Had a great time with my Colorado folks!! I think Schoolmarm has re-learned how tight our S.A.S.S. family really is!!

Grizz!! I owe you 'n' Mizz Grizz!! When we get to BAC you may hafta' drag out the big bibb!!

Finally got to meet Calico Mary and Buick. That's a great couple of people to know!! Get over my way soon and we'll show y'all around proper, 'n' that's a promise!!!

I'm taking Schoolmarm up to the Medicine Wheel tomorrow and then to meet Jake The Snake, S.A.S.S. #44. Another gentleman that I've been aiming to meet for a long time. We plan to spend a day or two with him before we show up to haunt BMC!!

Y'all duck 'n' cover, 'cause here we come!!!l

Last nite iz gonna be a special memory fer a loooong time!!!! Finally got a hug (or ten) from my big brother Blackwater...and some from Schoolmarm as well....AWESUM evening!!!! :D:D :D

Yu two enjoy tha rest of yer trip...and there will be more hugs next time we meet! ;) Now I jus gotta shoot wit ya....

That'll be better than you shooting AT me!!

Loved it!!

Hope we are all somewheres at the same time again SOON!!!

I STILL can move purty good for a fat cripple, specially when the lead is flying my way!!!

Made it a little west of Billings, MT today. I made a side trip to the Medicine Wheel today. I just couldn't make myself pass this close and just drive on by. Surprize!! They allowed me to drive right up to within 100 feet because of the handicaped credentials. I doubt I'd have been able to go the whole mile and a half up there and back.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day!! We watched lightning arc across the sky from miles away and passed through light rain just as it fell out of the clouds. We drove down the alpine stair on 14 alt. on the west side of the Bighorn Mountains going into Lovell, Wy.

We'll meet Jake The Snake tomorrow afternoon and spend a day or two with him and his family. That means lots of mountains and time under the "Big Sky"!!

I STILL can move purty good for a fat cripple, specially when the lead is flying my way!!!

Made it a little west of Billings, MT today. I made a side trip to the Medicine Wheel today. I just couldn't make myself pass this close and just drive on by. Surprize!! They allowed me to drive right up to within 100 feet because of the handicaped credentials. I doubt I'd have been able to go the whole mile and a half up there and back.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day!! We watched lightning arc across the sky from miles away and passed through light rain just as it fell out of the clouds. We drove down the alpine stair on 14 alt. on the west side of the Bighorn Mountains going into Lovell, Wy.

We'll meet Jake The Snake tomorrow afternoon and spend a day or two with him and his family. That means lots of mountains and time under the "Big Sky"!!

I used to see quite a few Shiras moose on that route through the Big Horns when I used to service office equipment out of Sheridan, Wyo. many moons ago. Did you happen to see any?

Not on this trip. Saw big elk and some of the grey sheep they herd up there.

Moose in two places on the last trip, but I drove both 14s the last time and climbed the Alpine stair on the last trip.

We've arrived in Thompson Falls, MT. The last two days have just been visual candy between the scenery and the weather!!!

Already found Jake and we'll be to his place in a few minutes. Schoolmarm got to drive some today for the second time on the trip. I was up much of the night and early morning with digestion problems, one of the side effects of my new medication. The stuff works great, keeping my blood sugar down where it should be, but it tears my insides up every Tuesday sometime during the day or night. This time it was last night and it was severe!!

The trip just keeps getting better and better. Our hosts even are making sweet tea for me. Those of you who travel north or west know that sweet tea is a rare commodity outside of the southeast. I'll furnish more details as we go along.

The trip just keeps getting better and better. Our hosts even mre making sweet tea for me. Those of you who travel north or west know that sweet tea is a rare commodity outside of the southeast. I'll furnish more details as we go along.

Sweet Tea is well known in Texas! Look forward to your updates, and eventually photos. Really enjoyed the band at Black Gold.

Scout

Sweet Tea is well known in Texas! Look forward to your updates, and eventually photos. Really enjoyed the band at Black Gold.

Scout

It was great fun up at Black Gold! That's my extended family up there from back in the Possum Trot days!! So glad you enjoyed the show.

I'll try to learn how to post some of the pics from all of our adventure when I get back home. These "smart" phones are a little more involved when it comes to posting photos on the forums. My big ol' Mac at the house can handle it and I'm more familiar with it.

Today is laundry day and it's time to wash this new vehicle 'fore taters start sproutin' outta' the dirt that's covering it.

I'll post more when it happens!

Crossed the Idaho border while ago and headed into Washington state in a few minutes.

Badger!!! We're headed your way!!!!

Crossed the Idaho border while ago and headed into Washington state in a few minutes.

BMC...you better hide the livestock and wimmen...Backwater is a comin and trouble is comin wif him :D

Hope ya'll have a nice visit....a cool thing traveling across the country and stopping and visiting with cowboy friends along the way...a nice vacation...and ya'll got a new vehicle out the deal too!! ;)

Kajun

You and the Mrs. been experimenting with that recreational Mary Jane in Colorado and now Washington?

TRUST ME!!! Anything I might do with canabis is WAAAAAAAAY past the experimental stage!!!(lol)

So we spent the afternoon with Badger Mountain Charlie!! Finally got to see him face to face. HE'S UGGGGGGGLEEE!!!

Seriously! We spent most of the afternoon enjoying Mrs. Badger's hospitality and shootin' the breeze with BMC. HAHA!! He rode in a Buick, (GM product) ate Chinese food, served a great vino to Schoolmarm, and he LOVED IT!!!

I've been wanting to meet him face to face since I first entered the Saloon ten years ago. Another thing on my list accomplished!!

I hate the street layout and the traffic in the Seattle area, but I'd put up with it anytime to have an evening this fun!!! Thanks, Pard!!!

It was great having you three here. Mrs Badger and I both had a great time with our short visit.

Give me a call in the morning, I have some traffic news for you.

Not real happy that you cleaned out my drying shed for my world famous marijuana, but I guess

I will get over it. :lol:

At least I left the Exliar where I found it!! I will give you a call. The back road was a great choice! We saw lots of pretty scenery and found that little town where Schoolmarm's folks live too.

There are still two weeks on this tour, but today was certainly one of the top shelf highlights of the trip.

Archived