SASS Wire Forum

clearing your own house question

Trigger Mike

it was the first false alarm for that glass breaker in over 3 years. one other glass breaker had a false alarm once 2 years ago. could not see anything that had fallen that might have set it off but in a moment of paranoia wondered if someone took a pebble to hit the glass to see if it goes off to test the alarm and possibly see how I respond but i doubt it

better yet instead of marble (which last night i found from my son's marble set on the kitchen floor) I could do like Charles Bronson and put a board with nails under each window and door.

to answer another question the alarm company does call. since i cancelled the alarm on my end it was automated, had I not canceled it a live person would have made the call.

"pit, pit, pit mastiff..."

Sounds like you earned your name, Ornery!

Seamus

Yup, hate to admit it but they are big pansies :) probably lick a bad guy to death, that's bout it....wife says sign should read beware of owner..not dogs!

I’ve disconnected my home alarm system and de-registered from the Neighborhood Watch Program.

I’ve got two Pakistani flags raised in each corner of my front yard and a black ISIS flag in the center.

The RCMP, CSIS, FBI, CIA, MI5, MI6, NSA and other Government agencies are watching my house 24/7.

I have never felt safer and I am saving $49.95 a month.

I'm reminded of Quint's lines from Jaws.

"Shark's in the water? You go in the water?

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies...."

Simply insert burglar for shark and living room for water.

Just sayin.

Gather your family and retreat to your safe room. Let the boys in blue do their job. If your alarm company has notified the police and there is indeed broken glass the last thing they need to see is you with a gun. It might not work out well for you.

What is the police protocol for responding to a house burglar alarm report? Check it out next time you go through that neighborhood? There has to be hundeds/thousands of these home alarms & fair number of false alarms ever day.

When I was dispatching, we prioritized them based on the type of alarm, whether the alarm company was able to contact the homeowner, etc... We prioritized them pretty highly, and tried to get a unit into the area as quickly as possible. Sometimes easier said than done.

Archived