SASS Wire Forum

Thanks Copperhead Joe!

I had to miss this year's Black Gold, one of my favorite annual matches. I've been shooting with a torn rotator cuff for months, but just before Black Gold I developed a very painful case of plantar faciitis as well. While I hoped I could still compete it became obvious just days before the match that I couldn't do it since I could hardly walk.

I'm used to most big matches having a policy of no refund for last minute cancellations so I didn't expect, nor request, a refund. Therefore I was surprised to receive a full refund earlier this week together with a note that they were sorry I has to miss the match. Class act!

Needless to say I'll be there next year after I get through some of these physical problems.

Buffy!! We missed you a lot!! Not the damned cannon so much, but we did miss you!!

Good Lord willin' and the creek stays in its banks, we look to see ya' next year!!

Get better and take care of yerdangedself!!!

N' yeah!! Copperhead is just that kind of feller!!!

Like Buffalo Dick, I had to also cancel out of this years match. I had a small health problem, while not life threatening, it did keep me from safely handling my pistols.

Joe sent all of my entry fee back along with a note stating regrets that I could not attend.

Besides being the best shoot in the country it is run by some of the best people you will ever meet.

Lucky R. K. grin_zpsebe960c5.png

Archived