SASS Wire Forum

Life in the US after the 2nd is abolished?

Dantankerous

We have seen in modern times what happens after gun registration. We know what has happened in other countries at varying times throughout history when the populous was disarmed.

We fight hard to maintain the 2nd Amendment because we realize how important it is to maintaining the rest of the Bill of Rights and our way of life just as the Founding Fathers who constructed this for all future generations realized and knew this truth.

Just for argument's sake (I know it is almost impossible for the 2nd to be repealed) what would happen in the US were this to happen? There is a reason some in gov't actually want to repeal it and disarm us. We always talk about how we fight to maintain and protect the 2nd, but I've never read a discussion of what would happen IF the 2nd was castrated from the Bill of Rights. What would the end goal be of our gov't disarming the People?

I have my ideas. None pretty. What are yours?

Comments?

I'm thinking there might be a lot of folks that won't go along with it willingly and it might make the civil war look like a schoolyard brawl.

My take on it, the majority of American population are too scared now to fight for their freedoms so after the abolishment of the 2nd and 1st Amendments, the current militarization of police forces, the huge government arms and ammunition purchases will result in a new police state enforced by DHS-FBI. After 15 years of constant war, cutting of military budgets, the US military will be unavailable to fight domestic enemies.

Without the Second Amendment?

Instead of us being a frog in water and the governments slowing boiling us alive, they will just snap their fingers and we will be gone.

The south was not the only loser. Long live Robert E Lee!

...but remember all the rights in the BoR pre-exist the formation of our federal government.

I know that. You know that. Members here know that. The problem is the antis in this country will not either acknowledge that because they do not acknowledge God or they hate the Bill of Rights so rabidly that they don't care.

The other and more profound problem is too many Americans don't know what the Bill of Rights is or why it is so important.

We have a battle on our hands indeed.

Without the will of the people, reinforced by their possession of at least some kind of defense mechanism, to resist governmental over reach, the remainder of the Constitution is meaningless!!!

I'm thinking there might be a lot of folks that won't go along with it willingly and it might make the civil war look like a schoolyard brawl.

If we are all patriots, then that is all that will be left when it comes to an end.

Mackenna

What would it look like? Well, how about a blend of "The Postman " and "Mad Max"? A sort of post govt. feudalism.That would not be on day two, but not unimaginable as a possible eventuality, unless Canada invades form the North, and Mexico from the south ( well, one of those may be already covered ). Just a flight of fancy, there.

Not sure about the rest of you, but that will be the day the goverment no longer rules me. I will keep that right til I am abolished. I will bend to no government that enslaves me.

If the second amendment is, God forbid, ever abolished, I think we'll have millions of law abiding folks turn criminal! I know I would!

“Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense?”

“The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.”

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”

“Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Beside, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of Nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us.”

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

“If this be treason, make the most of it!”

Patrick Henry

I am 65 years old .. i have had a good life .. my guns (and i know this audience will understand this) all have a story to tell .. and all are my precious little buddies .. I WILL NOT relinquish them to ANYONE ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gonzales

Howdy,

One time we had a student from south America. She timidly asked one day if I owned a gun.

I said yes, why/

She said in her country they eliminated private ownership of guns.

IF anyone used a gun, even to defend his own family in his own home he would certainly

go to prison.

They had runaway inflation and even tho her parents had good jobs they got paid and

went immediately to buy food and other stuff for the month. They never knew what they

were going to be paid and didn't know what it would buy.

Now if they had any money left over they took the local currency to some shady character

who would trade it for US dollars. They looked each dollar over to be sure it wasn't fake.

Then they would hide the US dollars in their home.

Money deposited in a bank would be near worthless due to inflation.

Now the interesting part, they left the windows open to cool the house without running the ac bill up.

Thieves would cut the screen and come in and grab a young child and hold the screaming kid

with a big knife at his or her throat. Of course they demanded the household stash.

So the gangs pretty much ran things.

This is all what she told me.

NO guns but a terrible way to live.

I cant exactly remember the country.

I can imagine Chicago being like this so very easily.

Best

CR

It will Never Happen !

As soon as anyone comes for some guns and the public knows whats happening.

There will be a New Civil War.

And When the police cant control things , Do you really think Red blooded American Soldiers will turn on its own people ?

I dont think so :-)

It will Never Happen !

And When the police cant control things , Do you really think Red blooded American Soldiers will turn on its own people ?

The history of middle 1930s Germany might give rise to argument on that statement.

The history of middle 1930s Germany might give rise to argument on that statement.

That a very astute observation and I hope we don't have to find out if it holds true someday.

It will Never Happen !

Look around your neighborhood, your church, your friends. Now, how many of them do you honestly believe would die for their right to keep and bear arms? Still think it will never happen? Look to Chicago, D.C., LA etc, etc. again I ask the question.

Here you go:

I bought this book at the 2013 NRAAM. Met the author too. Couldn't put it down once I started. Every time there's a "mass shooting" or other sensational (in a bad way) gun related event, I think about it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Essential-Liberty-Rob-Olive/dp/0985902000

It touches on events that are more plausible than repealing the Second Amendment. Scary because I can easily see it happening, just this way.

That's why it will never happen .

Every red blooded American knows the outcome if we surrender our arms !

That's why it will never happen .

Every red blooded American knows the outcome if we surrender our arms !

It can and WILL happen if we become at all complacent.

The generation who pulled the fat out of the fire the last time is all but passed away. The generation that follows us shows little will and less inclination to step up and fight, being less "RED BLOODED and more than willing to sacrifice freedom for safety and a handout.

My son fears that there will be no USA for his son if we don't hold the line AND take back lost ground that has been "COMPROMISED" away. If we don't step up and set the same kind of example our fathers did, WE CAN KISS THIS COUNTRY AND THIS REPUBLIC GOODBYE!!!

The minute you think that it can't happen, that's the moment we'll likely lose it all!!

It can and WILL happen if we become at all complacent.

The generation who pulled the fat out of the fire the last time is all but passed away. The generation that follows us shows little will and less inclination to step up and fight, being less "RED BLOODED and more than willing to sacrifice freedom for safety and a handout.

My son fears that there will be no USA for his son if we don't hold the line AND take back lost ground that has been "COMPROMISED" away. If we don't step up and set the same kind of example our fathers did, WE CAN KISS THIS COUNTRY AND THIS REPUBLIC GOODBYE!!!

The minute you think that it can't happen, that's the moment we'll likely lose it all!!

Im a NRA LIFE Member !

My Two Sons are NRA Life Members .

When My three year old Grandson was born I bought him a NRA LIFE Membership .

Now My 6 moth old Grandson is a NRA LIFE Member !

I Know we will keep fighting the fight .

With NO Retreat !

With No Surrender !

Never will I give up my right to bear Arms and to Protect what is Mine !

It will Still take more than just stalwart families and right thinking individuals to stem the tide!! We have to have the support of the masses, even those who think they don't count, to line up behind us and FORCE our representatives and the judiciary to toe the line!!

It will Still take more than just stalwart families and right thinking individuals to stem the tide!! We have to have the support of the masses, even those who think they don't count, to line up behind us and FORCE our representatives and the judiciary to toe the line!!

Nowadays a large number of the masses only know how to line up for a handout in exchange for keeping certain political parties in power. When the first shot is fired they'll disappear.

Modified after reading the next post below by M M Rooster...

It would be very interesting to see a map showing the number of deer hunting licenses in each State.

Plus, think of those who have guns, but don't hunt.

Imagine if they all voted for the right person.

AMERICA'S HUNTERS

Pretty Amazing!

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin...

Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the 8th largest army in the world.

(That’s more men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined.)

These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, And NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania's and Michigan's 700,000 hunters,

ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more.

_____ The point? ________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower!

Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's also a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed. Food for thought, when next we consider gun control. Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...

What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens???

For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

AMERICA ! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

***Legalize common sense***

• 3 weeks later...

YOU MAY STAND TALL WITH A STICK AND A WHITE FLAG ON IT WHICH IS YOUR RIGHT.

BUT BEHIND EVERY BLADE OF GRASS AND BUSH STANDS AN AMERICAN READY TO DO BATTLE WITH ALL ENEMIES BOTH DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN

SO HELP ME GOD! LEE

• 1 month later...

It would be very interesting to see a map showing the number of deer hunting licenses in each State.

Plus, think of those who have guns, but don't hunt.

Imagine if they all voted for the right person.

The estimate is - 80 million gun owners in the US.

With 20 days to go to the election, how could it be mobilized for all gun owners to vote for the 2nd Amendment Candidate?

I have to wonder also why SASS has stood in the shadows of this election? 25,000 members plus close to 40,000 registered on the Wire (yes, their is overlap) ... an email blast to all to be sure to vote for their 2nd Amendment Rights has not happened!

The estimate is - 80 million gun owners in the US.

With 20 days to go to the election, how could it be mobilized for all gun owners to vote for the 2nd Amendment Candidate?

I have to wonder also why SASS has stood in the shadows of this election? 25,000 members plus close to 40,000 registered on the Wire (yes, their is overlap) ... an email blast to all to be sure to vote for their 2nd Amendment Rights has not happened!

John Boy, Articles and posts have been published, links to gun rights sites and information have been sent out and the email blast will be coming.

Since Team SASS was established over three years ago, Allegiance and I have been in touch with innumerable people in SASS and other gun organizations and one thing has been clear to us...99.9% of SASS and those other gun organizations membership are 100% gun rights supporters and will certainly vote for 2A candidates all up and down the ballot. It's not so much that we have to convince the choir by preaching to them, the goal is to have that choir stay active in convincing others to vote likewise...especially those that are still on the fence or those frustrated by their choices at the top of the ticket this year. My two most recent articles in the Chronicle were targeted at just such fence sitters. I'm confident that as dedicated as many like you are, that you and those others have done yeoman's work in bringing others along in that regard.

Every one of us must stay active, remain resolute and soldier on...

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "
--- Ronald Reagan 03/30/1961

Archived