SASS Wire Forum

RV Gun/reloading supplies storage

For those that travel with their gear, how so you store your firearms in the RV?

How about the reloading gear and supplies? Do you have a dedicated section of the RV for reloading or do you use a portable bench of some sort?

Thanks in advance. I'd love to see photos if you have them!

The rear bed in my RV lifts up and I usually keep my firearms underneath the bed when traveling. When I'm at a match I use the steering wheel for a standup gun rack. I never have had the need for reloading equipment on the road as I just bring enough ammo and more to last, it's much easier to deal with. You might check out some of Capt. Baylors articles about how he has his reloaders set up in his trailer.

I have a toy hauler so all is kept in garage area.

I have a tool box that is my reloading station. Tool box has a wooden top so I mounted a Dillon 550 to the top. Tool box is on wheels but I strap it down with ratchet straps to X channel mounted on the floor. Has been secure since I put in track. Allows me to remove if required.

I have a safe in the back bolted through the floor to secure guns. Before the safe was added, I put all my guns in the toolbox drawers and locked for security.

Although I have a safe, not like it is bolted into concrete. NO matter what level of security, since it is a trailer, best thing is out of sight to prevent theft.

Trailer is in storage, but running out there this week if you would like pictures.

COL Lou

Seems to me that just bringing enough ammo would solve the problem, the potentially bulky and cumbersome problem of having to bring reloading equipment with you. Even a couple thousand rounds of ammo won't take up much space if properly packaged.

I would be interested in other ideas for safe and secure storage of firearms in a camper or RV. Out of sight/out of mind is certainly where security starts but it does not take much to get into a camper and rifle through the very few places one can hide things.

Archived