SASS Wire Forum

WTT Uberti/Colt 1873 Matched Set

July Smith

I have a used but really nice condition pair of Uberti Cattlemans (clones of the Colt 1873), 45colt, 5-1/2" barrels. These are a special matched set that share the same serial number except one begins with an "R" the other an "L" for your right and left hand respectively. I have the original boxes, paperwork, etc.

Ideally I would like to trade these two revolvers for one Uberti lever action in 45colt or 44-40 in a face to face transaction in SW Texas. I do not trade guns through the mail.

I would be willing to sell the pair for $1100 face to face if no trade can be worked out. I have a concealed permit and lots of positive feed back over at the cast boolits forum and gunbroker.

I am also liking to acquire a pre-tang safety Browning 1886 rifle variant, or a Browning 1885 BPCR variant.

Thanks for looking!

-July

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/JulySmithSASS/image10_zps88zsvqh1.jpg

Uberti Colt?? :wacko:

Didn't you know Colts are made by Uberti these days? I read that somewhere on the internet so it must be true.

Beautiful pistols nonetheless. If you don't get any bites, perhaps you would consider shipping?

Didn't you know Colts are made by Uberti these days? I read that somewhere on the internet so it must be true.

Beautiful pistols nonetheless. If you don't get any bites, perhaps you would consider shipping?

I am afraid shipping would be cost prohibitive. UPS wants north of $100 for next day shipping, plus insurance. To ship through local FFL will cost me $30 per gun, plus actual cost of shipping which will still total around $100.

If someone out of state really wants the pair, and is willing to pay shipping I will gladly ship.

To clarify they are Colt 1873 clones made by Uberti. I linked a picture and can email additional ones.

I knew that and didn't mean to be a smart a#$, but it's always best to describe the guns exactly what they are. ;)

I am afraid shipping would be cost prohibitive. UPS wants north of $100 for next day shipping, plus insurance. To ship through local FFL will cost me $30 per gun, plus actual cost of shipping which will still total around $100.

If someone out of state really wants the pair, and is willing to pay shipping I will gladly ship.

You need to find another FFL, most around here will ship them for $35.00-$50.00 each if you have them packed up. FFL's can use USPS and it costs them about $15.00!!!

$30.00 per gun PLUS $100.00 shipping is a total rip-off!!

You need to find another FFL, most around here will ship them for $35.00-$50.00 each if you have them packed up. FFL's can use USPS and it costs them about $15.00!!!

$30.00 per gun PLUS $100.00 shipping is a total rip-off!!

$30 per gun plus whatever the shipping and insurance is through USPS. They are simply not interested and shipping guns and want to make it worth their time.

$30 per gun plus whatever the shipping and insurance is through USPS. They are simply not interested and shipping guns and want to make it worth their time.

I know where you are coming from. The local FFL dealers near me charge $75+ to do the transfer and shipping. Those cattleman's are beautiful. If you were local, I am pretty sure they would be mine.

Archived