SASS Wire Forum

what weapon did dallas thus use?

Trigger Mike

I think some news outlets are now saying it was an AK 74.

Irish Tom

One thing I don't understand, well there a lot of things I don't understand about this episode.

But it was reported that the police were looking for all of t he cartridge cases that were spent

and that THEY WERE VERY IMPORTANT. Only reason I can see that they would be important

was to determine if more than one weapon was used and perhaps more shooters. And also

to match the cartridges to the rifle. What am I missing?

One thing I don't understand, well there a lot of things I don't understand about this episode.

But it was reported that the police were looking for all of t he cartridge cases that were spent

and that THEY WERE VERY IMPORTANT. Only reason I can see that they would be important

was to determine if more than one weapon was used and perhaps more shooters. And also

Apparently the shooter fired from more than 1 vantage point. The fact that all the casings came from the same rifle eliminated the earlier belief that there was more than one shooter.

Apparently the shooter fired from more than 1 vantage point. The fact that all the casings came from the same rifle eliminated the earlier belief that there was more than one shooter.

Ah Ha. That would explain the importance of finding the cartridges. Thanks.

That's an AR-15. ;)

Ma Deuce is a Browning 50 Cal Machine gun (we used them on our M60 Tanks - I think you are referring to a M4 - :-)

I was attempting to make a hyperbole - sorry you missed it. - Look up images for Ma Deuce

STL Suomi

Yeah, I suppose the idea of two shooters and only one weapon is absurd.

If people think that they are being profiled and this is there answer .

The just set them selves up for really being profiled now.

My prayers go out to all the Men and Women in blue.

That's an AR-15. ;)

Ma Deuce is a Browning 50 Cal Machine gun (we used them on our M60 Tanks - I think you are referring to a M4 - :-)

I was attempting to make a hyperbole - sorry you missed it. - Look up images for Ma Deuce

STL Suomi

No, I caught it.

But any non-handgun firearm that isn't lever- or bolt- action is an AR-15 to the press.

They also might decide to check those cases for fingerprints.

If they have evidence of a conspiracy group and have certain suspects, fingerprints could help nab any associates, even though they may not have been an 'active' shooter.

..........Widder

This is an e-mail I just received from our local firearms guru. The photo's show damage done by bomb to shooter and the weapon he used to assinate the LEO's.

I just received a photo of the rifle used in the Dallas Police shooting. CBS News said it was an SKS. It is not. It is a Saiga 5.45x39 AK-74 variant. The news media does not know one rifle from another. Here is a photo of the rifle and the blown up shooter.

Doug

There has been No official statement from DPD as to the weapon used. I'll wait for that.

This should clear up everything..... Not...... Morons on Fox News

Just lost any respect I had for Fox. First the idjit talking about how a bullet button makes a rifle go full auto, now this expert stringing together words she knows about guns to create nonsense and confusion.

This is disgusting. The lady being interviewed has no clue regarding firearms and the two blondies 'interviewing' her are equally clueless and perpetuate the spreading of falsehoods.

The one gal is touted as being a FORENSIC EXPERT. That right there is scary.

If she is so ill informed in an interview, what must her work performance look like?

And these are opinions that would be used in a court of law.

Well...

My impression is that they're displaying a level of knowledge commensurate with those who make the laws governing such things... :wacko:

Wonder if anyone called their hand on such garbage?

I suspect they got more than a few e-mails....besides mine.

Isn't that ridiculous? I couldn't believed it when a friend of mine posted that to Facebook. I'm not a fan of Fox, CNN, MSNBC or any of those so called "news" channels.

You don't have to know anything other than TECHNIQUES ;)

adjective: forensic

1. 1.

of, relating to, or denoting the application of scientific methods and techniques to the investigation of crime.

"forensic evidence"

• of or relating to courts of law.

noun

plural noun: forensics

scientific tests or techniques used in connection with the detection of crime.

Archived