SASS Wire Forum

meddling in other cities business

Trigger Mike

I have to say that I strongly disagree with the need for protest marches in any city when a police officer in another city is accused of a crime or even accused of killing someone he should not have. What business is it of someone who lives in Texas what a police officer did in Louisiana or Minnesota? what business is it of someone in Louisiana to make a protest march when a police officer is already being investigated to see if he committed a crime or was justified or just plain made a mistake from fear? All these protest marches do is hinder justice and spur more violence over something that is no one else's business.

Ya shoulda oughtta seen the "peaceful demonstrations" [NOT!] in San Francisco after the Rodney King verdict... Sheesh! :blink:

1st amendment is just as important as the 2nd Amendment. I don't agree either with the protest marches most of the time but I will protect their right to do it. :FlagAm:

How often people forget this. I find that people on both the left and right seem to have edited version of the bill of rights that have removed the amendments they find inconvenient.

I have to say that I strongly disagree with the need for protest marches in any city when a police officer in another city is accused of a crime or even accused of killing someone he should not have. What business is it of someone who lives in Texas what a police officer did in Louisiana or Minnesota? what business is it of someone in Louisiana to make a protest march when a police officer is already being investigated to see if he committed a crime or was justified or just plain made a mistake from fear? All these protest marches do is hinder justice and spur more violence over something that is no one else's business.

I pretty much agree with you. Now, I ain't saying folks shouldn't be allowed. They absolutely have the right to protest, but it seems like most of them are just interested in stirring the pot and/or promoting a political agenda.

Knee jerk reactions before any facts are known are bad regardless of if it's in your home town or not.

I don't understand protesting in front of your, possibly scandal free, police department the actions of a police officer 1000 miles away.

Just one man's opinion.

Angus

1st amendment is just as important as the 2nd Amendment. I don't agree either with the protest marches most of the time but I will protect their right to do it. :FlagAm:

Agreed.

When the police start "executing" suspects it's everybodys business. Everywhere.

Ridiculous.

And your proof of these executions?

Peacefull protest I for one will always support. Especially when I was a police officer. And I smiled at the freedom we have in the country to have that right. It is the soul right of citizens to gather in peacefull protest. But, once the sun has gone down, it it no longer a protest and police action must be taken to preserve that peace.

When the police start "executing" suspects it's everybodys business. Everywhere.

Executing seems to be harsh and uncalled forever. However there is a problem when more Americans are being killed by police than by Iraqis or afghanis while in a war. If the protests do nothing more than being the issue to light so that the causes might be addressed than yes it is everyone's business everywhere.

no longer an officer but even though I know officers overstep and get lost in the emotion of things, and thus sometimes overreact I still think they should be given the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty which is also part of our constitution. the protest marches generally are trying to force a guilty verdict before the trial or even all the evidence is gathered, thus tainting the due process even the families of the one shot deserve. would a family of one shot by an officer be better served by a wrongly accused officer going to prison or by finding out the truth?

Folks,

I would love to vent my thoughts on what is happening in our country. However, as you can see from this thread, the discussion is divisive and unpleasant.

The 2A is the only concern politically that is allowed to be discussed here. We need to stick together on gun rights and not let other differences in opinion divide us.

I went to a wonderful presentation by Colonel Dan and a NRA officer (I forget who he was but I don't forget his message) at one of the Conventions. The NRA person implied we must present a united front on gun rights and not let other issues dilute the importance of that issue. In my words, we cannot let discussion of other political issues impede our support of the 2A. We cannot afford to alienate others because we have thoughts they abhor on other issues.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived